Thread: did you find hope when you didnt think you could?

did you find hope when you didnt think you could?

i don't know whether anyone remembers me and my story...but id just like to say thanks......im 15, i still suffer from moodswings into and out of depression, self harm (which i didnt b4), an an eating disorder(which i described as only a problem before- i still find it hard to percieve what it actually is, and the control it has over my life)...and regular severe panick attacks, people here offered sympathy when evry1 else told me off and got annoyed through lack of understanding. But my problems are in the open now, and my parents took me to my doctor and i met my two counsellors yaterday who were very nice. i still find things very hard though, and i find myself lost and cant imagine being or feeling any different when i look at myself....i want to be happy....im not sure i can find hope to want to....and so far im just getting into worse eating habits and all i want is to be thinner.
    i was wondering whether anyone else had had this approach to help and counselling at first......but were proved wrong, and are happier and in a much better place because of it?
    luv me
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello

Welcome back

Counselling is a good approach.

Check out that they are familiar with anorexia as this is usually the result of underlying emotional issues not a primary condition.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi there

Welcome back. I am also struggling with anorexia at present and have just started a treatment programme for this.

I think there is often a conflict between wanting to feel better and be free from the constant food/weight obsession but at the same time not wanting to give this up. I have recently gained some weight which has taken me out of the low weight danger zone but I still struggle with thoughts of wanting to restrict food and to lose weight again.

As Meg said, I think it is important to receive therapy from someone who is experienced in treating people with eating disorders and also for the therapy to look at the emotional issues underlying the eating problems. I recognise that my anorexia developed as a coping mechanism and way of avoiding dealing with these other emotional problems.

I hope the therapy helps. It is not an overnight cure but people do recover from these problems.

We are here for you.

Karen

Wishing you all the best sweetheart.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

It's great that you are getting some help and that your family are being supportive. It is hard to move on because it is scary having to face things that you find difficult to cope with but you are not alone.

You will find hope and inspiration to get better and when things are at their lowest and you are in despair like you sound now then the only way is up

We have all been down at our lowest and so we can all relate to how you feel. We are here to offer support if you need it but I am sure you will do well.

Annie x

hi cray,

welcome back. its good to read that all your issues are now out in the open. hopefully your family and counsellors will now be able to give you additional help and support which will help with your recovery.

its hard to be positive when your problems have just been getting worse and your feelings are down. always remember that you do want to get better, dont bottle up your feelings, try not to beat yourself up, try and stay positive. people do recover, read in success stories and personal stories.

you take care .. andrew

Thread Information