• Ectopics - Men

0 0%
  • High Bp - Women

1 25.00%
  • High Bp - Men

0 0%

Thread: Ectopics and raised Bp...Females V Males

Ectopics and raised Bp...Females V Males

Thought it would be interesting to see how many women suffer with high blood pressure and fluttering, skipping heartbeats, against how many of the men (you don't have to suffer with both by the way). I'm in my 50s and have been taking meds for high BP for the last 3 years something I never had before this..ever, not even through all the traumas and stresses in life, and I gave up smoking 8 years ago too, and have also cut right down on alcohol. I have however suffered with ectopics since my 20's.

My hubby on the other hand also in his 50s, does smoke and drink and doesn't get any exercise to speak of, only has one kidney (he donated the other one to a family member in 2006) and today his bp was 120/79, whereas mine was 158 over 90! So, i'd like to find out if it really is more common in women and that hormones...or lack of them...really could be playing a big part in it all. Thanks for taking part.

Anna xxx
    Last edited by Going home; 08-06-10 at 17:07.

Re: Ectopics and raised Bp...Females V Males

Thanks to those who have answered the poll so far, and its the women who are leading on both high Bp and ectopics by quite a margin. If the final results show that definately more women suffer with these two symptoms in particular than men, then it has to be down to hormones rather than anxiety...the anxiety probably comes as a result of it...this would make it easier to bear if we know that its a matter of getting the hormones sorted out, rather than taking meds for the anxiety it causes.

Anna xxx

Thread Information