Thread: Citalopram diary part two..

Citalopram diary part two..

Day 8 was in my other post, this was the day I went up from 10mg to 20mg, i felt slightly headachey in the morning and then okay in the afternoon.
    I managed to get myself to go to the gym which did help my mood a lot, and I actually slept for 8 hours!

Day 9
    Woke up feeling really disorientated...like I didn't quite know where I was...the depersonalisation/derealisation symptoms are really off putting, I've been feeling like this a lot.

I've also found that my memory is now like a sieve, I've never had problems with this before and was wondering if anyone knew if it was a symptom of the anxiety or if it is a side effect of citalopram...either way, its getting to me!

Re: Citalopram diary part two..

Hi

I think the memory problems are down to anxiety and depression as named in symptoms of both. I suffer from the same I need to write things down otherwise i forget what i need to do within space of minutes it is pretty annoying as i used to have very good memory

Hi,
    Not really had the depersonlisation but the memory thing I do know about, my concentration levels were down the pan and I could forget things really easily. I ended up having to make a list of things I wanted to mention to the doc when I went to see him.

That's not such an issue now, my concentration levels are getting back to normal and my short term memory is much improved......what was I saying?

Hi,

I think its the side effects of the citalopram...and it will settle down in time.

Day 9 is still very early on...after 14 days you should start to notice a difference and things will become easeir for you to cope..its a combination of the drug starting to work and your body getting used to it.

Take care
    Jo.xx

I'm onto Day 15 now.

I've been without the internet for a few days which has meant that I've had to force myself to do other things than sit in my room!
    I'm beginning to feel more positive about things and am feeling less anxious by the day. Things are slowly but surely getting better.

Things are still quite up and down emotions wise, but its still early days so I'm not too worried about it.

Other side effects seem to be settling down a bit now, got a doctors appointment in 10 days time to talk about how I'm getting on.

My memory is getting a little better too.

Looking forward to my first good day now

Hi Carly,
    Keep going and don't worry about the emotional ups and downs, I'm into week 5 and having a very minor little blip of feeling a bit down, thinking about things from my past that I can't do much about but that's how it goes.

Nice to see you're back online but it will have given you a taste of getting away from the devil box and out of the house, I spent most of the winter sat in my room at my computer, not a good way to spend each day. Since the start of this year I've been making an effort to get out each day even if it's just for a walk round the block or something, so keep that up as it will help with the anxiety.

You can always drop into the chat room if you feel like it for a while, I find it helps me to chat to a few people in the morning and share your thoughts a bit or just have a laugh with them.

Better days

Thread Information