Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My granny died

My granny died

My granny died this morning. She has been so unwell for months and now she's finally free but I never once got to see her while she was unwell and now I don't get to say goodbye to her. I live about an hour and a half drive away and even though I've made a few attempts I can't even get close to half way there without screaming to turn back and go home. Feel really guilty cos I can't be there to support my mum. All I want to do is dose up with something like horse tranquillisers and get there and attend the funeral.

Re: My granny died

This is awful, I seriously couldn't even begin to imagine how bad you're feeling, I know how I'd feel if I lost anyone close to me..

I hope things improve soon for you, I hope others can come along soon and give you much, much better advice than I can.

Sending some hugs :-)

I'm sorry to hear about your Granny . You will be fine . there will be other family members there, so just look on it as supporting each other, Remember your gran is at peace now hun. I wish you luck and i'm sure you will make it , Take care
    Love Paige x

Hi Eva May,

So sorry to hear about your Granny...please dont feel awful about not seeing her, you couldn't help that and now she will know that. Think of her "at peace".

Why dont you say a little prayer and say goodbye to her that way, she will hear it and she will totally understand why you never got to see her.

She has only moved on...one day you will link up again!!

Sending you a big hug

Take care.
    JO.xx

Eva May
    sorry to hear about your granny . stay strong. Iwill be thinking of you.
    Jean

So sorry to read about you losing your Granny. Take care and hugs

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

sorry to hear that you have lost your gran x

i really hope you can attend the funeral because i feel it would be a big turning point for you and a way to honour your gran.

my gran died last year - i was with her when she died - my dad and uncles scarpared - they were too frightened to stay but i have always been very close to her and helped look after her for 5 years before she died - it was just me holding her hand and a carer with me - a very spiritual experience that affected me a great deal but i would not have had it any other way. i hope you feel better soon x

I am so sorry to hear about your Granny.
    Don't feel bad or guilty that you could may not be able to be there - just remember the good memories that you have.
    Just an idea but could you maybe write a letter to your Granny, and let it be placed in her casket? I did that with both my parents last year and it really helped.
    If you can't get to the funeral then maybe you could do something else to remember your Granny by at the same time? Maybe light some candles and say a few prayers, or just simply remember all the good memories of her, plant her favourite plant in her memory. You can honour your Granny in many ways even if you cannot attend the funeral service.
    You can say your final goodbye in your own special way.
    I am sure a lot of people cannot get to funerals of their loved ones at times, be it through illness, living in another country and they can't get back etc.I am sure your Granny would understand and she definitely would not want you being very upset by having to travel.
    I am so sorry for your loss
    Last edited by PoppyC; 11-06-10 at 23:15.

Sincere thoughts of you and the loss of your granny.
    Try to step out there and go to the funeral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information