Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My experience of taking fluoxetine diary

Re: My experience of taking fluoxetine diary

This post is really encouraging cause I've been on fluoxetine for nearly 3 weeks and I'm having such a rough time I'm totally convinced I have a brain tumour my anxiety is through the roof much much worse than b4 I started on the meds but I was warned this would happen so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and trying to think of the future but it's so hard when the anxiety takes over ! Just hope I start feeling better v soon cause it's driving me mad ! So glad ur doing well and found something that works 4 u hun )))) x

i thought i would pp back and say hello. I am doing brilliant, im still on fluoxatine, they have saved my life i am so glad i found the courage to start taking them

Hi there.

I just started taking Fluxetine 20 mgs today. Reading your post helped me, thanks.

i have been taking fluoxetine for 2 weeks and ive got to say it is working,i noticed a diference in my mood within a week, i feel very positive and content andnot stressed or aggitated like i felt when i was on sertraline,the only side effects ive noticed is dry mouth,and abit tired and feel like ive got a lump in my throat when i swallow usually at night, someone else said they had a lump in their throat but that stops after a few weeks,its better than grinding my teethwhich i did while taking sertraline,i am on 20mg,at the moment,everyone has noticed how relaxed i am since taking the fluoxetine,i take mine at night as thats what my dr told me to do,so far so good!

Glad it's working for you and it's good for people to read that not everybody has horrendous side-effects - I didn't either x

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

An update....it's been years now since I've been on here and what a difference my life is to how it was, I'm living a 'normal' life again, gone are the days where everyday I dread dying, I'm still on the same dose of fluoxetine, only very rarely do I have panic attacks, often not for months and now I'm able to distract myself from having them full on when I do rarely get them. Whoever is reading this, they worked for me, they saved my life, looking back at all my posts on here from years ago it's obvious I was having a breakdown but I'm now me again living my life. Yes I'm ill with fibromyalgia and still on meds for anxiety but I can honestly say if it wasn't for me having fibromyalgia my life would be the best ever. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Never give up xxxx

Hi, Sarah! I have been on here seeking encouragement and your post did much to lift my spirits. Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving us an update. It is good to hear from someone who has been on the fluox for that long and is still doing well. It is also encouraging to hear that you do occasionally have blips and that they pass. When I am having a blip, I begin to feel as though it is all going to come back and it is a dreadful feeling. I am still learning to be mindful of what I am thinking and to keep those thoughts headed in a positive direction. Thanks for the reminder!

i done 2 years on fluoxetine, was convinced they didnt work and i was still depressed..i also got euphoric states and wasnt sure if i was bipolar, i came off in september (6 months ago) after a massive erratic moment, crashed my car into a lamppost..i still felt depressed on them and convinced they wernt working but in all honestly they "were" doing something..when i was on them i could function..i worked (for the first time in 10 yrs)..as soon as i came off them i dropped my job as i felt too depressed.( a month after coming off)..i did still feel down but not as bad as i have recently..i have had suicidal thoughts and i have now re-started (as of an hour ago) i took my first tablet..i did not get any side effects last time so it will be interesting to see...

my biggest down fall with this drug is that for me, and why i came of was the weight gain, i rocketed from 8.5 stone to almost 11 stone in 2 years, and i really stuggled to keep this down, felt like food stuck to me, it had been 6 months since i came off and im now at 10 stone and hoping to get back to my normal weight...but im hoping the happiness wil now encourage some excercise although i did also get tired on fluoxetine...but i would rather feel fat and tired than sucidal...so lets hope for the best x x

Keep up the good work everyone.. week seven and side affects have been horrific but i am sticking to it and seems to be getting easier.. All very reassuring posts. Ty x

This looks like an old post but will add something and hope it gets read.. Im approaching week 9 on 40mg.. To be honest the first 7 weeks were horrific, side effects unbearable. Week 8 massive improvement but today almost week 9 feel dreadful:( internal shaking, jitters,tremors.. whats going on?? this wasnt the plan.. ive read the betterdays diary and it does say you can expect blips at around this time so heres hoping.. thanks for the post very useful and informative.. good luck all. x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information