Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side effects?????????? any advice

side effects?????????? any advice

hello ive been on 5mg of cipralex for 9 or 10 days now and have been having extream anxiety and panic still , went back to the doctors today and hes given me 10mg to take my concern is will there be a noticable side effect in uping my tablet,, as ive had the 5mg in my system for 10 days now,im a bit concerned as ive just been to hell and back with hightened anxiety as it is . any advice for me would be very helpfull as im fretting a little about it but at the same time really want to feel better..

thanks lisa

Re: side effects?????????? any advice

It is very likely that you will feel side effects again I am afraid.

Have a read of the posts in this forum and you will see what others have been through

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

See my post on hot flushes and escitalopram from a couple of days ago. You've been taking cipralex for the same number of days as I have - and I am really suffering too. I don't plan to go up to 10mg until I feel that the heightened anxiety from 5mg has subsided, as I am coping with it so badly!

If you really struggle going up to 10mg you could always try splitting the 5mg tablets and taking 1.5 tablets (7.5mg) for a few days, if your doctor agrees? That way the side effects might be slightly less. When I started I took 2.5mg for a few days before trying 5mg as I was so scared. They're not that easy to split though as they're so small!

i have been on 10 mg for 2 yrs - i had bad side effects on 5mg for 2 weeks and the side effects only increased over so slightly when i went up to 10mg - its worth it though the effects go away and 10mg is the theraoeutic dose. i would do a few more days of 5 and then go up to ten -

The first few days for me on Cipralex were among the worst in my life-- panic, nausea, vomiting, and more anxiety over being sick on meds (my first time on meds ever in 48 yrs) -- at the advice of the doctor i went to 5 mg for a few days then back to 10, and the worst of the side effects cleared. I am at the one month point now and feeling a little better each week.

Hang in . . . . we know how you're feeling . .. I am a 48 yr old male management professional and couldnt beleive what has been happening in recent months . . .but I do now. Try to let the meds do their work, they are starting to for me.

Richard

Im on Cipralex have been since last October, I still feel nausea on occasions is this normal?

I was on cipralex for years even when I was drinking then foolishly I stopped then my anxiety went thru the roof tried to kill myself 2 months in mental hospital now left disabled been on all sorts trazadone back on cipralex off on was on clonazepam for ages wened off now shrinks put me back on also was on amitryptaline (weaned off) at mo am just on mirtazapine and clonazepam also tried buspirone (didnt help) tried cbt didnt help seen numerous shrinks and seeing one next week just wondering whether to go back on cipralex as the clonazepam is only short term! I am so desperate and grateful for any info/advice thanks.

Hi micko, it must be hard for you to think that you tried all sorts and they didn't work. I also tried many different medications 4 years ago, and it's not because I wanted but because they tried it on me like hats. I would say that better to consider giving a chance to one set. Trying to let yourself flow theouh the unpleasant waves of panic and see then. You are very brave you have been through tough times and still here, so take it as your challenge and carry your burden proudly.

Cheers Thumbalina, the cipralex was working prob did'nt realise when I was drinking it was my stupid decision to stop them suddenly after years! the clonazepam is'nt doin too much second time around combined with the realisation of what I've done to my hand just wondering whether to give the cipralex another go and ditch the mirtazapine and clonazepam? still can't roll fags, play guitar, tie shoe laces etc!

Hey, don't worry about your hand, and don't be embarressed about it too much, as long as you balance inside you the perception of yourself. I also took mirtaz. and clonazep. in the beginning but thenchanged to smth else. For 1 year almost I was like a guinea pig, and I think this made more damage as it took me longer to get rid of long term sideeffects. It's clear that you hav to stick with one plan for getting out of crisis. See if mirtzip. will do good to you. Clonazep for short period only I recon. Just try and fly through the bad moments. And buy iPod and lots of shoes with velcro, can't think of anything about the fags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information