Thread: im having the worst week ever!!! So scared!

im having the worst week ever!!! So scared!

Hi all its me again another day another problem!! I had no sleep wednesday night i had a panic attack but it felt like i had no throat and my tounge had gone numb. Then my whole body went numb. Me and my husband ended up having an argument about it. I went to the docs he told me it was all down to anxity, he gave me an injection of diazapam to help me sleep the rest of the day. This morning im still feeling the same ie feeling numb in my hands feet and tounge even my nose feels numb but im feeling lightheaded too. Im thinking of going back to the docs again but im so worried somthing is wrong im really frightend that this time its the real deal :( i didnt know where else to come im afraid of another argument with my husband :(

Re: im having the worst week ever!!! So scared!

Hi.
    You could be feeling lightheaded because of the Diazepam. Is it possible you could get a telephone consultation with the doctor if you are not happy about going.The anxiety can really wear us out especially after a P/A and you feel at a bit of a loose end. Does your husband come to the doctors with you at all. It would help him to understand the illness as well. Keep posting on here as lots of other members will support you and give you advice. You need to rest because its you time.
    Be strong.
    Jean

Heather, I get the exact same thing! Especially numbness in my face and tongue. I've also had episodes where my whole body just feels 'numb' and I can't move. Bpth of my dotors promise me that it's just anxiety, and it is, when it happens it is just so scary because it feels so abnormal and horrible! But yes, just feel reassured that I get the exact same feeling. I understand how horrible you feel! If you've got any questions please feel free to ask

Thank you for your kind words. No my husband doesnt come with me to appointments. Hes being really understanding with me at the moment and being really supportive.
    Amiee how long do does it generally last? its not as intense as it was but its still there not sure if its because im thinking about it ive got to go to work tonight and not sure i can cope. Its only a short 5 hour shift not doing anything much i work at subway so all i'll be doing is serving and do the food prep. i'll be hoping for a great sleep tonight as hubby is going to let me sleep in tomorrow as hes not at work ive got 2 children! I had some sort of expeirance of this kind a while ago in my arm face and tounge it went after a few days, hospital told me it was a trapped nerve. I just wish this anxitey would bugger off lol!!

Thread Information