Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm new,were to begin.......

Hi I'm new,were to begin.......

[V]...I haven't been out of the house in over 12 month's and getting someone to listen and help is worse than the illness itself.
    Back to the beginning..at 12 my stepfather was convicted of abuse and sentensed to 6 month's in prison.He served 3.
    It was me that told on him,I told a friend who told her aunt who told my nan.I came home from school to find all the family in the room.
    After I was questioned I was sent to my room,then to my nan's and it has never been spoke of since,my sister was the one who gave the statement etc.
    I stayed with my nan for a couple of weeks then we moved in to a council house,then he was released and came home.......
    Everything changed we had to be clothed at all times if we were going in the bath we had to take everything in that you would need,I suppose that is one of the reasons I'm so organised now.
    Life was awful he hated me and you could see it,I spent a lot of time at my nan's she loved me just the way I was.
    We moved again as life was hard for mum,they bought a house and this was our new life.....I remember loving school and friends but hated the last school bell,the sexual abuse had stopped but the hate grew stronger and more fierce,everything was my fault and I had no where to run or hide.
    At 14 I was babysitting for mums friend,I had to go to the shop there was a short cut behind the house down a gravel path.On my was back I saw a lad from our year he was with a younger lad he had no trousers on......the lad from our year held me down while the other had his fun,he had a pot on his arm and in the struggle hit me in the face.To this day my mum never knew and what is worse is I could see her in the kitchen,she never asked about my face as she was used to seeing me with bruises.
    At the age of 15 he went too far and I ran....I moved in with a friend and her mum and dad.
    At the age of 16 met a boy and moved in with him,got married at 21,had twins (1 boy/1 girl) at 22,he was a dream come true I don't know if I ever truely loved him but he was like my best friend.
    Well until he had an accident at work and lost most of his right hand then it all went wrong again he was angry all the time,I was working full time and the twins were nearly 3.I had applied for a house and one had come up.I loved my life my own home and my only goal to give my kids the best start I possibly could.Their dad last saw them at their 3rd birthday.They are 10 now.
    My family had limited visits all on my say so,but still they made me feel bad little comments or opinions.
    At 26 I met the man I'm with now together we have a son aged 5,he took on my two as his own.
    We have had our troubles at 26 week pregnant he walked out saying he was not ready,I was devistated.He came visiting after I had had the baby.Soon we were back together,but was it just for the baby he wanted me.....
    He left several more times I always begged him to come back and he always did.Until the last time when I said okay I deserve better.
    I never called and ignored his calls,he now says before he knew I would take him but suddenly it hit him I'm loosing everything.
    All was great until my daughter went into early puberty and suddenly I saw my stepfather as a threat before I had not wanted to upset my mum as we were getting on great.He must have sensed something was wrong,eventually after a massive arguement where they called me some awful things they stormed out have not seen them in months,the kids got a card at christmas,my daughter threw hers in the bin and said "if you haven't got one I don't want one".
    My sister has had a baby I've never seen,I had to change my email address as she kept sending me nasty mail telling me what she thought of me.
    Gradually I stopped going for the kids from school,and now stopped going anywhere at all.My partner does evrything outside the house.
    I spend my days cleaning and organising the house.I don't go out as I don't like people if my family don't want me why would anyone else.

Hi Dawn and welcome to the forum, I know you will meet lots of people and make new friends.
    You have certainly had it rough, and your self esteem has taken a right battering.
    I am sure people will be along soon who are in or have been in similar positions.
    Take care and have a real good look around, read the posts, you will soon see there are people starting to venture out again who have also been in the house for long lengths of time. Take care and keep in touch.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Hi Dawn and welcome to the forum!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Hey Dawn,

A big welcome to the site, you will find a lot of advice and support here.

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hello Dawn

It has been one tough thing after the other and it seems that you never had any understanding, support or help for your issues early on which is the key to swift recovery and things drifted and yoru fears grew until you became agoraphobic.

It is never too late to get help and to reverse the trends and habits you have got into.

You could do with some short term CBT to help you with the acute issues but you may need some longer term counselling to help you come ot terms with some of the things that happened with your family earlier on.

Well done for managing to bring up and care for your children throughout it all.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Maxine's cbt progress.
    CBT
    Starting CBT
    Does CBT work?
    FW: I am getting there!

Agorophobia
    im back now!
    Agoraphobic - how did that happen?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hello Dawn.

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have been through some tough times.

I hope this site brings you support, encouragement and friendship.

Annie x

Hi Dawn

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your very open first post and it certainly sounds like you have been through so much over the years. You have coped remarkably well without any help or support, particularly as a child when parents are meant to look after and protect you.

I hope you can get some help from a therapist to help you through these current and past issues. Having had problems since my childhood I found that my issues grew and have been added to over the years.

Recovery doesn't happen overnight but with some professional help and support from friends and this forum, you can get there.

Karen

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

hi dawn, hope you get some comfort here from people who want to help not hurt. no nasty hatred here, just a safe place to talk anytime

jackie

Welcome aboard!!

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information