Thread: Very very tired and sleepy - help!!

Very very tired and sleepy - help!!

Hi there

I've been on 50mg per day for 16 days now, but I just seem to be sooo tired all the time - to the point that I'm nearly falling asleep driving to work in the morning!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can anyone suggest what time of day I should take them?? I thought since they made me soo tired I would take them in the evening, but I'm just as tired getting up!! So I'm back to morning again - but still as tired!

It came to the point today in work, where I had to go to sleep in an office for 2 hours!!!

Apart from the tiredness these tablets have really really helped me!! much better than any other I've tried, so I dont want to just give up on them!!

Do you think the tiredness will pass??

All comments and help appreciated

thanks

misss

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Re: Very very tired and sleepy - help!!

I don't get so tired on sertraline, but I was very tired on all the other SSRIs I have taken, especially Seroxat. Perhaps you could try taking the tablet in the early evening when you get in from work, and see whether the tiredness is so overwhelming in the morning. Tiredness can pass, but it may not (well it didn't in my case anyway).

Dahlia

thank you for your reply - I've halved my dosage the last two days, and it seems to have done the trick - I dont feel half as tired! and I take it at about 7pm! This morning I was wide awake and not so much yawning!!

fingerscrossed it lasts...........

misss

well.......... I'm back to being sooo sleepy!!

I halved my dose to 25mg and take them in the evening, but my tiredness is back!!

Any advice anyone?? I wonder if theres some sort of tablet the doctor can prescribe me to combat it??

I feel like I could just fall asleep anywhere at the moment, just cant consentrate!!!

apart from the tiredness, the tablets are fab!!!

misssss

i was on the same dosage as you before but i take them twice a day: one at about lunch time, and the other at about dinner time. i usually start to feel sleepy late afternoon. i always have a really good night sleep.

the sleepiness went away after 4 weeks or so, as my body learns to tolerate the side effects of the drug.

Thread Information