Thread: IBS

Exclamation IBS

I went to see my doc the other day who says ive got IBS. I get realllllllly bad cramps in my tummy, if i need to go, i need to get to a toilet within the next 3 seconds! sometimes in major constipated but when i finally do pass a stool its always runny... ne one else had this any any tips to make it better? Hes giving me blood tests to see if its something im allergic to but hes convinced its due to anxiety , which would make sense as its nearly a year ive been suffereing from panic attacks now

Re: IBS

Hi there

I have IBS too.

Try this website page for some advice ...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/ibs/

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have had IBS for years, alternating between the two, but predominantly IBS-D. If you are having an episode mint tea often helps, as well as Altoid mints. They help wind and cramps. Also definitely get a good probiotic supplement.

I've had IBS for years. I do know that if I eat too much chocolate or regular pepsi or coke, I can get diarrhea. Usually I am constipated though. Now with the tachycardia I get from the panic attacks, I stay away from caffeine as much as possible, though I do eat some chocolate at times. I still get episodes of diarrhea though - probably from nerves.

Hi,

I've recently been to the docs about IBS. I'm going for bloods on Tuesday to see if I'm allergic to Gluten, which my doc says, may be contributing or the reason.

A good idea is to make a food diary and take notes on how your cramps and your bowel movements were. Do this for a couple of weeks as it will help you determine whether there are any links to any particular food to how bad your IBS gets. This means you can adapt your diet and eventually eliminate what makes it worse.

All the best,

Chrissy xxxx

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

Thread Information