Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Headache/Dizziness/stiff neck

Headache/Dizziness/stiff neck

Now this is the first time since I joined this board I have felt this bad. I've been woken up by a headache, shaking all over, stiff neck (slightly swollen glands (i think) at the top of my neck/back of my head).

I know I've had this before but I don't know whether it's a tension/anxiet thing or whether it's muscular or whether it's an infection or what....

I had it loads a couple of years ago, it usually went as the day went on, which makes it seem muscular. But it's like my head is full of water sp I think it could be an inner ear infection. Not longago my gp said I had fluid in the ear. But it really scares me.

I am also thinking it is because I am eating gluten again in order to be tested for Coeliac's The trouble is all the things that existed when I had it before, exist now - same level of tension, I've been doing a bit of exercise/stretching (which I was doing every day when it happened before), same dizziness which was diagnosed as labrynthitis/vertigo -and back on gluten. 4 separate possibilities. Or a combination even!

All I know is I hate it and I can't sleep and I don't know what to do....

This is when I feel so lonely and scared...

Well at least I had somewhere to come and offload this time:(:(
    It seems to have calmed me down to write this..... a bit anyway!

fee
    xx

Me again...

The site was timing me out in the night - not that anyone was around much anyway!!

I took a sleeping tablet and got two more hours sleep and the headache is gone but I feel so dizzy and exhausted (well, I suppose I would). I've been trying so hard to be positive but feel completely overwhelmed again and I'm frightened I'm never going to get better. There's always something different with me, it's not just one thing... I think I'm learning to cope with one thing and it turns into something else...

Don't know how I'm going to get through the day, don't feel well enough to do anything but doing nothing makes me more anxious and depressed.

I guess I'll just have to sit it out :(

fee
    xx

Well good Fee that you've kept the possibilities realistic and not gone off searching for some new lurgy so be pleased with yourself for that.

Maybe try treating yourself as kindly as possible so you may help the headache with panadol and a cool or hot pack and some vit C in case it is a cold brewing, keep going with the stretching for muscular stuff, use a relaxation CD for anxiety etc

Hope you're feeling better soon from this.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks Meg!

Yes i suppose i can be pleased i haven't been googling for other causes! that's a positive!

You know you're right maybe i have got a cold coming [:I]

With everything that's going on I tend to blame anxiety for everything most of the time (except when I have short bursts of googlitis!).

I'll just tell myself it's a cold today!

thanks for answering Meg! xx

fee
    xx

Do ensure you're drinking enough water too.

Aww Fee, big hug for dealing with that in the night.
    I know it's horrible when you have a symptom and many things can cause it. I get fluid in my ears too, have it right now and they keep popping, in my case it's from allergies though.
    I also know the feeling of never getting better but we can and we WILL.
    We have done it before and can again.
    You may have a cold brewing don't forget ME can make us feel virusey too or stress. I take vitamin C every day especially through the winter.
    I used to take 1gram but only have 500mg tablets at the moment but even that is good enough. It doesn't ever prevent a cold but does help.
    I keep forgetting my multivitamin pill though but I want to have my B12 test done before I start them again really. Drinking water is a good tip too, one I often forget this time of year although I have alot of herbal teas.
    Anyway thinking of you, hope you feel better.

Lisa x

Another big hug hun - there is soooo much going around lately and I only got the youngest back to school on Weds after her bout.

When you feel low physically it does affect you emotionally so look after yourself extra specially. Lots of 'allys' in that sentance weren't there!!!

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Aww Fee

Sorry you were feeling so low last night. It can be very lonely when no one is around. I did see you had posted and had been awake all night myself but the forum was timing out, so I couldn't post.

I think I may have a cold coming too so am taking lots of Vitamin C and Zinc which I think helps me. Plus drinking loads of water too.

Hope you are feeling better this evening.

Well done for not googling!!!

Karen xx

Well I have made it through today somehow... I went round and got Chris and we went to Homebase and bought my loo roll holder and bathmat (Hoorah!) and spent a couple of hours at his and he made me pizza which was sweet of him!

But my neck has ached all day, tummy gurgling, throat really tight, ears feel odd, sinusy, headache lurking and worst of all it's been like being on a ship all day...I hate that..

I wish my nose would run then I could put it all down to a cold but I think it's mainly anxiety as bloomin usual.

I don't know whether to take a sleeping tablet tonight, I have been using them too often, and although I only take an eight or a quarter of 5mls they are nitrazapam which is not good. It took me years to get off them before (well I suppose I never have because I always keep them in the house although I had one pack of 12 tablets for 3 years!).... but over the last 4/5 weeks (since Sarah got sick) I have taken about 3/4 tablets in total.... I don't like it.

I just wish this vertigo would stop, I have learned to cope with most things but that is so hard to push through, it's like the ground is moving. And I want to give up the gluten again so badly I'm tempted to borrow the money to get the endoscopy done privately! Hate to think how much it would cost though:(

Thanks for all the hugs and support. I will write the positives in my journal before I go to bed... I did get the toilet roll holder after all!!! (but forgot the stickers!).

And I haven't panicked or googled[8D][8D][8D] (yet)

fee
    xx

Hi Fee,

Sorry you still don't feel great but well done for going out with all this going on, you did great. Chris sounds really sweet too.
    Most of what you have could be anxiety but the vertigo isn't and that must be awful to deal with, so you really are doing great.
    I can't really advise on the tablets as I've never taken anything like that.
    I think privately the endoscopy would be about £1000, I may be wrong though but I think I saw that at my private hospital once which is mad as a MRI was only half that!
    The journal sounds good and well done for not panicking or googling!
    Hugs,

Lisa x

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information