Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Headache/Dizziness/stiff neck

Hi Fee,

I'm glad you're having a better day, one of us had to at least. You're doing well to rationalise everything.

You're right to keep off here and away from moany cows like me that probably bring you down. Lol.

I hope you have a good lunch and enjoy seeing your friends.

Lisa x

Nooo lisa - I don't want to stay away from you and enuff of the moany old cow mularkey!!!

Hope you are ok, just popped on before I go out for lunch, am very dizzy and nervous - wish me luck!

xxx

fee
    xx

Good luck Fee!!

I hope you enjoy your lunch. Glad you are feeling better today.

Love
    Karen xx

Hi Fee,

It's probably too late now but good luck for lunch. I hope you have/are having a lovely time.

Lisa x

Hope you are having a nice lunch.

I am hoping the computer is sorted now - think it may have been a trojan horse isn't that a wooden horse??? Time for the rasp to come out again

Talking to mum yesterday she was telling me how dizzy she is at the mo and that the doctor told her it is menieres disease (that's not at all the spelling but it's not a bad guess) which apparantly comes in spates.

Just thought I would throw another into the pot.

Big squeeze.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hello you lot - I did it! But it was very hard work.... I get anxious going different places anyway but it was a whole group of people that I haaven't seen for ages all saying "Fee how are you" and it was very hard to think of anything good to say....

But I'm glad I went, even though I have a splitting headache now (ONE glass of wine doh!) and I shall have to sleep and hope it settles... They are a whole bunch of people I've known for years but are all 10 years younger, late 30s early 40s professionals, hedonists, drinkers, 'e' generation still living large (lol) and I used to feel like a peer, now I feel like their mother!!! There's definitely a big age gap between 40 and 50! Anyway Chris came along and he always makes me feel 'safe' if you know what I mean...

What a dreadful grey day, I'm so glad I went out!

Glad to see you back Piglet![8D] Yes, Menieres is basically the same thing, and may be what mine is - the only difference is that mine was helped by an Epley which means it's got a slightly different cause. It's very common but very very unpleasant. I know a couple of other people with it too... the good thing is it usually goes away again!

Hope you guys are ok - will have a nose around before I nap... but head is pretty bad...

xxx

fee
    xx

Oh I did spell it correctly [Wow!]

Do you think mum would be helped by the epley manouvre??? Think she's a bit upset by it and is feeling like she doesn't want to go out incase she falls over and breaks something.

Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Piglet it is possible - for some people the cause is little granules in the inner ear and these can be moved about with the epley (totally non scary procedure!). Labyrnthitis, bppv and menieres (not sure of spelling!) are often confused. She should have been referred to ENT and this should be checked out but typically it often doesn't happen. Sometimes it can be a short term virus, sometimes Menieres which is for life but comes and goes... I think I had the granules but now might have Menieres cos it keeps coming back... I will be hoping to find out more soon!

But if it hasn't been checked it's worth a try - the first time I had it done it really really worked.

Your poor mum - it can be really awful - has she had it long?

Here's a (safe!) link which explains bppv which is the type of vertigo that responds to the Epley:

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com...bppv/bppv.html

Hope that helps - give her my love!

xxxxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

Hi Fee,

I'm glad you managed to get out to lunch. I hope you have a nice nap and get rid of that headache.

Lisa x

hi lisa

I'm awake now and the headache is not so bad, but still a bit there.... I feel exhausted, so glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow. But I have to continue chasing the endoscopy/biopsy which is a pain. Obviously I'm nervous about it but I really want it out of the way.

Ugh, Sunday evening![|)]

fee
    xx

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information