Thread: will depersonalisation return ??

will depersonalisation return ??

hi people seems you have all been very busy as i havent heard from you ! maybe u have lots going on too at the mo , maybe u will have a little min to help me today an i will try to help you also.
    i am a little concerned at the min , years ago i had the depersonalisation feelings but seemed to get over them even though i still had bad panic attacks and the last couple of days ive been thinking about depersonalisation not feeling that way though but i have been having an exceptionally bad time with panic /anxiety i worry bout those feeling coming back of depersonalisation ive been wondering why i havent had theses feelings for so long and if they may return ?? i wonder if thinking about it may bring it back ?

also when i wake up everyday i feel a chemical rushing around my body its like negative energy i am getting fed up of it as i dont want to get out of bed .

Thanks in advance people anything you say i will be pleased to read

Re: will depersonalisation return ??

Quote Originally Posted by fretty freda View Post
    hi people seems you have all been very busy as i havent heard from you ! maybe u have lots going on too at the mo , maybe u will have a little min to help me today an i will try to help you also.
    i am a little concerned at the min , years ago i had the depersonalisation feelings but seemed to get over them even though i still had bad panic attacks and the last couple of days ive been thinking about depersonalisation not feeling that way though but i have been having an exceptionally bad time with panic /anxiety i worry bout those feeling coming back of depersonalisation ive been wondering why i havent had theses feelings for so long and if they may return ?? i wonder if thinking about it may bring it back ?

also when i wake up everyday i feel a chemical rushing around my body its like negative energy i am getting fed up of it as i dont want to get out of bed .

Thanks in advance people anything you say i will be pleased to read
    It can return like any anxiety I guess. I'm going through it at the moment my depersonalization was mild a few years ago and returned due to stress in my life. I let it control me so it's an easy trap to slip into..the more you think about it worse it will get.

I can't offer much advice as I'm getting it but I'm sure it's harmless and just part of anxiety.

i havent had the feeling of depersonalisation for years yet i have had anxiety panic attacks for the years so what would change panic attack/anxiety into depersonalisation i simply forget the feeling but if i think hard bout it i can almost remember it what would all of a sudden bring it on

i dont mean to make u worry, i struggled with depersonalization 12 years ago for several months, and 3 weeks ago these feelings returned. i hadnt taken any meds in those 12 years, and suffered from minor panic attacks and bouts of depersonalization, but nothing like this. i think too much stress and worry has caused this to come back, i have high hopes that the meds will work and i will return to myself within the next few weeks

Always remember that anxiety and panic feed on what you fear most. So if this is something that you are obsessing about or fear, try and squash it out of your head. My biggest fear was my legs giving out because they felt like rubber, after I recovered from anxiety and panic I try and watch what kind of things that I still obsess over because I dont want it to make a comeback. So far so good though. Take care and always hope for the best

removed Guest

Oh- I have been having a return of the dreaded D/P myself !
    I had it for a very long time in the past and instead of it protecting my brain (which is the point of it I believe) it made me feel so at odds with the world that I didn't know what to do with myself.
    I would ruminate endlessly about who was I- as I lost my inner self completely.I would freak out at the size of the planet and all the people on it and all that did was to make me feel smaller and lesser than anyone else.I would have panic attacks if I saw a crowd on TV-I just couldn't make sense of my world any more and why I was even in it. It took me years of work to get over that one because it was so profound that my brain seemed to leave my body and I couldn't get the two parts back together. Do I sound like a complete loony or can anyone identify?

Just recently I have been going through a very anxious time and it happened again. It was a huge shock as I thought I had put it all behind me. Now I have got rid of it I still feel anxious and I am absolutely sick of it as there is nothing to be anxious about-well not really......
    I have a wonderful acupuncturist who has been working with me and fortunately she nipped it in the bud and I found my "self" returning a couple of days ago. I am not too bad now but I am still freaking out that it has happened again. It was a real shock.
    I suppose once an anxious person-always an anxious person-I hate it

janet c

i can relate to everything you have posted although ive only had it as an extreemly frightening sympton on a few occasions (hope i havent cured myself) its like u have lost who u are for a few mind your mind had gone i pray for it not to return as i am not scared of it any more i know it passes although its nasty i would like to know the scientific reason for this to happen or psycological reason

* hope i havent cursed myself

Thread Information