Thread: ibs or something else?

ibs or something else?

Do certain foods make ibs worse? I havent been told i have ibs but i have had loose bowels for about 2 months and had a bowel endoscopy that was clear. I had chicken tikka masala last night for tea and all night in bed my stomach made allsorts of noises and gurgling and i didnt sleep very well.Does this sound like ibs?
    I am getting worried because its going on for so long as i thought ibs was more alternating diarrhea and constipation.My stools seem lighter in colour like clay and i am always tired and aches in my back/side/front and down by my left ovary.

Re: ibs or something else?

I havent been diagnosed ibs but it was suggested that I cut wheat as much as possible from diet for 2 weeks to see if there was any change and it has made quite a difference. I was having all kinds of tum upsets and bloated, windy, griping tum.. Much better with minimal wheat.

3. Re: ibs or something else?

Yes certain foods do make IBS worse. I've had IBS for 20 years or so now but don't follow any specific diet, I should do really but it's not on my list of priorities.
    Here are a few links that might help you.
    http://ibs.about.com/od/livingwithibs/f/FoodQ.htm
    http://www.thefooddoctor.com/Irritab...ealth_fst_ibs/

Certain foods can definitely make IBS worse and set it off. I've eliminated diary and gluten from my diet. A lot of people figure out their trigger foods to avoid them.

So do you think it sounds like ibs?

It does sound like IBS I get it when I eat certain stuff! But in stead im double up with pain lots of gurgle noise! I try and suck on some rennies (flavoured fruit one) that seems to help with the trapped wind! and I take 2 paracetamol for the pain! Some times I get bad diarrhoea and other times I get constipated! IBS is horrible Its learning what makes you have an attack! xx

It does sound like IBS. I've had it for years and learnt what foods help/worsen. I have alternating between C and D. I have Imodium should it get bad, mint tea helps spasms and wind, as well as Altoids. Hot water bottle helps wind and cramps. A key thing to help anyone with either kind of IBS is probiotics.

zippy y dont you try me 'ignore health anxiety group' its worth a shot!

Can't really ignore IBS randomworry =P It's already there!

Hot water is a life saver when I have a bad attack x

Thread Information