Thread: Diet & IBS, Illness

Diet & IBS, Illness

Over a period of 2 years I have gone on a well published diet. You loose a lot of weight quickly and have to have LFT & KFT every 28 days whilst on it. I will not name it but it involves consuming 500 calories a day in the form of soups, shakes, bars and drinking 8 pints a water a day to clear away the keotones and to ensure the liver & kidneys function. I have been talking to some people I know and they are convinced that this diet has caused my problems and IBS, as you cut out food totally for about 8 weeks then slowly re-introduce certain food groups. I remember first trying cheese again and I had a migraine, never had one of those in my life.

I also get pain in my loin regions quite badly, kidney function tests clear and ultrasound of kidneys clear. I am just wondering that as I am not drinking 8 pints a water a day the diet has put extra strain on my system.

Anyone else been on this and experienced problems or know of people that have? I know of a woman that went down from a size 28 to 10 and she suffered terrible digestive problems.

Re: Diet & IBS, Illness

Hi,

I think to be having digestive problems would be completely normal after putting your body through that 8 weeks of no food as your body learns to digest what's being put in it...after 8 weeks of no solid food, as soon as you eat solid food again, your digestive system is going to be like 'WTF is this!?'.

It's sort of like when vegetarians cut out meat from their diet and end up eating it again. You'll suffer alot of digestive problems as your body sort of...in a way 'forgets' how to digest these foods and has to start re-learning everything again.

I don't have personal experience of this diet and I don't know anyone who has, but what I do know, no offense, is that this diet is the complete and utter opposite of what's healthy and safe for your body.

All the best,

Chrissy x

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

Re: Diet & IBS, Illness

Thanks Chrissy. The diet is well recognised but people and more importantly my mrs daughter who is an A&E nurse claims that it cant be natural to the system and that it is putting a strain on the organs. I read in the national papers tht 2 people have died on this but there was some cover up saying that they down the 8 pints of water too quickly. I did feel fantastic at the time and the energy level was amazing, but as soon as you start to re-introduce food you do start to become sluggish again.

Thread Information