Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: depersonalization

Re: depersonalization

God! Just had a sharp very dizzy spell all of a sudden, probably all the adrenaline which is causing thru my viens all day??? Have been feeling lightheaded all day. Was going to go out to watch the England match but may stay at home and lie down now. Need something to calm me down!

hope you have managed to calm down a little. bet the football bored you to sleep?

think CBT could be good. certainly worth a try.

Hi
    I had depersonalisationa and derealisation for a long time - before I was on Citalopram - in fact Citalopram got rid of it for me.
    I am a bit drunk and depressed at the moment due to England not scoring! but if you want then feel free to pm me and I will be happy to help.
    One thing - you wont always feel as you do. I thought I would have depersonalisation for life, but eventually it went. It is horrid and is purely caused by anxiety.

Still feel really awful. Finding it very hard to think positive about anything now. Every time I try I just count these as not helping and slip back down to feeling negative. Got rushes of tingling feeling through arms continually yesterday and today and very dizzy and the depersonalisation i still bad.

Didn't sleep at all. Think I made the wrong choice of having some wine in evening which has just pobably made things worse. I live alone so have no one there all the time to help which makes it harder.

My anxiety just seems so be getting worse. Made the decision to take 25mg of Cit. yesterday but thinking now that this is wrong decision. Talking to my brother, he thinks that the Cit. is the wrong med for me as it hasn't really helped, my anxiety is still very high and increasing the dose will only make things worse. I'm starting to agree with him as after 8 weeks I should be feeling some benefit and not feel worse!

Just wanted it to end. Not thinking of harming myself though.

I must admit I had high anxiety before taking Cit. but I didn't feel anywhere this bad then. Think that I am so bad that thinking of going against doc advice and reducing my dose (instead of highering it) and see if this helps me?

If I go this way, I might go down to 15mg for a couple of weeks and then 10mg and monitor how I feel.

I feel this is the lowest point now I have been

Hey!

Just though i'd chip in, this is my main symptom and has been everytime i get a period of bad anxiety, feelings of surreal, detached, confusion, everything feels odd and scary, sometimes even bleak and i get feelings of depression and despair which are really scary and can make you really panicky. I had a really bad spell of this in my early twenties but it went away for a very long time thanks to counselling and seroxat. I know exactky how you feel, im having a bit of a bad time at the moment, not too sure why it has come back which is frustrating but its really intense, same symptoms you are describing. Im not as worried as i have been here before and know it will pass, i just wanted to assure you that no matter how bad you feel it will runs its course and you will be ok, i found the best thing to help it on its way is to exercise, eat well and try not to worry as you will be ok my friend, its very hard not to but its like a spinning top, the more you worry the more you spin it.

Good luck, im sure your gonna be just fine.

Eric, do you mind me asking how your depersonalisation feels?

Do you feel detatched from your body...like your limbs feel spacey, disconnected? Or do you feel detached from whats around you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Hey!

Just though i'd chip in, this is my main symptom and has been everytime i get a period of bad anxiety, feelings of surreal, detached, confusion, everything feels odd and scary, sometimes even bleak and i get feelings of depression and despair which are really scary and can make you really panicky. I had a really bad spell of this in my early twenties but it went away for a very long time thanks to counselling and seroxat. I know exactky how you feel, im having a bit of a bad time at the moment, not too sure why it has come back which is frustrating but its really intense, same symptoms you are describing. Im not as worried as i have been here before and know it will pass, i just wanted to assure you that no matter how bad you feel it will runs its course and you will be ok, i found the best thing to help it on its way is to exercise, eat well and try not to worry as you will be ok my friend, its very hard not to but its like a spinning top, the more you worry the more you spin it.

Good luck, im sure your gonna be just fine.
    Hi Jeffro. I'm sorry to hear that you also going through a tough time as well at the moment. I'm confident with your positive attitude that you will come through this bad time. You kind words have helped lift me up a little bit and I feel a little more relaxed now. It is still very difficult to keep positive while the anxiety drives me down but I will keep what you said in my mind and hopefully it will become easier eventually.

I am so greatful for your help and support and from everyone in NMP for helping me through this bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by wilksdaman View Post
    Eric, do you mind me asking how your depersonalisation feels?

Do you feel detatched from your body...like your limbs feel spacey, disconnected? Or do you feel detached from whats around you?
    I feel detached from reality like I am not in control and cannot remember doing things I have done ealier (like why i'd I put that there?). It's like I am in like a very drunk state. When I watch TV for instance, I'm not really "watching" it - I don't take anything in. It's like my mind is blank. I think this comes under depersonalisation symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyC View Post
    Hi
    I had depersonalisationa and derealisation for a long time - before I was on Citalopram - in fact Citalopram got rid of it for me.
    I am a bit drunk and depressed at the moment due to England not scoring! but if you want then feel free to pm me and I will be happy to help.
    One thing - you wont always feel as you do. I thought I would have depersonalisation for life, but eventually it went. It is horrid and is purely caused by anxiety.
    It's like my mind is always in a loop racing thinking about something in the background but it doesn't seem to be about anything in particular but it's always there and I think it is contributing to the depersonalisation and worry as it won't go. I know this sounds really weird but can't describe it better. I've had a MRI scan and nothing sinister like tumour was found.
    Last edited by StressedEric; 21-06-10 at 13:18.

Feel so tired and weak today. Don't care about anything just got no energy, head is swimming. Tried getting up and thinking of positive things to do to keep mind active but my mind just wants me to go straight back to bed. Can feel tingling waves of going through my arms (the adrenaline), was doing this all last night and still doing it. Legs are aching. Didn't sleep only got a couple of hours. Can the adrenaline make you this tired???? Started getting worried out these constant adrenaline rushes making me very dizzy all the time and that it is seriously harming me.

I know Cit. can make you tired as well which doesn't help but usually still have enough energy to get through the day. Still taking Cit 20mg. Was thinking of takin the Levomepromazine 25mg that the doc gave me tonight to make me sleep but scared to take it as feeling very drowsy at the moment so didn't think it best to take a sedative as well? Know it sounds daft but terrified that if take it that I'll go into a coma or not wake up!

Has anyone heard of or tried this med? My doc said it was a sedative that is given to people who suffer anxiety that are in severe pain and it to helps them sleep.

As I live alone so there is no one here for support a lot of the time. My brother and Dad are working all week and I see them briefly but difficult to stay at their houses I get better. It would def help if someone was always there.

I hope I get better days soon just feel like curling up and staying in bed forever
    Last edited by StressedEric; 21-06-10 at 16:34.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information