Hi all,

OK so I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks along with agoraphobia which seems to have got a whole lot worse since January, I will explain briefly what happened.

My mum has a cronic heart condition she was diagnosed 3 years ago and has been quite ill ever since. However in January this year she fell over in her bedroom and I rushed straight into her, I tried picking her up off the floor but she got more and more breathless, I immediately phoned for an ambulance but I thought she would die in my arms before they got there, thankfully they were quite quick although it seemed like an eternity, they rushed her to hospital where she was ressucitated and put on life support, we were told she wouldn't survive and that they would give her the weekend (this was on friday) to see what happens then they would have to consider shutting life support off, amazingly she came round and got stronger and stronger and although she is still very ill and will always be and I know the medication is the only thing keeping her alive she is home with us and I have been blessed with slightly more time than I would have been with her. However now I lie awake at night can't sleep and keep replaying that night she collapsed over and over again then I go through the images of her lying on life support etc etc. My panic attacks have increased substantially and I am now uncomfortable even opening the door to a stranger and avoid even speaking to people on the phone. Would you say that this could be in part post traumatic stress disorder?

Your views would be very much appreciated.

Daniella x