For quite a few years I have been getting a feeling of extreme heat like I glow but not pouring with sweat about 5 mins before a bowel movement and I also feel light headed and dizzy as well. The severity of it varies enormously and I generally only get in the mornings as that is when I have up to 3-4 bm's ( normal )

I have mentioned this to two GPs so far once about 2 yrs ago and again 6 months ago because I had read about carcinoid syndrome which can cause flushing and explosive diarrhea and both Doctors smiled and shook their heads at my health anxiety and told me I would have much more symptoms and all the tests etc I have had over last few years soemthing would have showed up and its just my hyper sensitive nervous system.

I am finding that it is really worrying me as I hate going out in the mornings because I know I will feel yukky because I will need to have a bm- I am fine from lunctime onwards.

I know that there is a blood test for carcinoid syndrome but I think its only available through a hospital consultant.

I am going back to GP ( different and sympathetic to HA) next week and being honest about my worries and am hoping that he can convince me wihtout having to have yet more tests as I just stagger from one lot of tests to another, but just wondered if anyone else feels hot and dizzy before bowel movements???