Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a new Pregabalin taker!

6 Days on from the upped dose!

Well I dont think I can give a proper analysis of how its going. Work is so unbelievably stressful I cant think straight, and am in a permanent anxious state!

However I dread to think what it would be like without the pregabalin! For the most time I can go on the buses by myself, not panic in work or clients houses, etc, so I think they are definately working and if I didnt have the work stress I'd be fine!

Side effects: Nil, though I do still have the dry mouth, everything else is fine.

Will still keep you peeps updated, and hopefully all the crap at work will stop soon and I'll be able to give you a clearer update

Re: Diary of a new Pregabalin taker!

Hy its me Kath watching how you are doing Emma, and you are an inspiration to get about on the bus after all those horrible panic attacks and things, keep in touch I have had some of those feelings myself after the past events, so cheering you on lots of love K

Apologies for the delay!

Hi all

Well, I'm back again, sorry its been so long!

Its probably still not entirely fair to talk about the effects of the pregabalin because of the other stresses in my life, but the anxiety is still down a hell of a lot! What I think it is doing is allowing me to think about whats going on, and attribute problems to 'real' things rather than what my imagination is doing!
    And my imagination can run pretty riot at time!
    For example I had 2 massive panic attacks last week, but was able to recover pretty quickly and carry on with what I was doing!

Onto our fav subject, side effects! The dry mouth is still with me, but I'm used to carrying drinks around with me now so thats not too bad!

The slight euphoria and what I call 'whoooaaahhhh'ness my head does is back, perhaps I've noticed because my nervousness has pretty much died down. Now most people wouldnt be happy with this but I am! Why? Because I've finally realised that that sensation is not me about to have a seizure but the pregabalin! Many wouldnt see that as a good thing, but seeing as my panic and anxiety is directly affected by my fear of having a seizure being able to attribute to something else is great!

Seriously though, its still going very well, I'm still doing stuff I couldnt before I took them and the pro's are def outweighing the cons!

Keep well people, I'll keep you updated!

Bel

The weekly report!

Hi all, time for the weekly update!

Well, things are much the same as before, no side effects other than the dry mouth, as rusty has also realised taking them with food is the way to minimise the side effects. My stress levels are massively high, but the pregabalin is most definately working to keep that anxiety down.

Had the most unbelievable thing happen to me today! Went to the neurologist, as regular readers will know my anxiety is caused by my epilepsy, and having had 4 seizures this year it sent my anxiety rocketing, well, its not my epilepsy!
    The neurologist thinks it is non-epileptic seizures caused by stress
    I'm still shocked as to whether this is good or bad, I've decided its good! The epilepsy I cant do anything about, but the stress I can!
    So with the help of the propanolol and the pregabalin I'm going to make sure all of my life is now stress free!

Keep well

Bel

OMG!! What suprising news for you Bel!! I didnt realise you could have non-epileptic seizures especially caused by stress?

Yes thats all you have to do then (easier said than done) stress free life!!

What dose are you currently on pregabalin?? I am currently reducing my mirtazipine dose and thinking of increasing the pregabalin to 200mg (my GP suggested this a while ago), my anxiety did get better but last few days has been pretty tough again!! Mind you have had some stressy days dealing with family matters, so it may be due to that and also visiting my family (my father was the initial cause of my anxiety) so I will wait to see if it settles over the next few days.

Glad for you anyhow.

TC
    Jo.xx

Belfry and JT69....how long have you both been taking Lyrica?

Hi rambler,

I have been taking pregabalin since end of May...started on 50mg now on 100mg at night then 50mg in the morning.

Jo.xx

Hi rambler

End of May for me as well, I think! Started on 75mg in the morning and at night. Currently on 150mg in morning and at night. I was doing really well on the lower dose, but then went back to work prob earlier than I should have done and had to have it doubled!

Since finding out my seizures are non-epilepsy related I've actually become quite a bit calmer so we will see how it goes from now on!

Hi Bel,

Have just read back through your post to see if you had any extra side effects when you doubled your dose from 150mg to 300mg...other than dry mouth it looked like it went smoothly...is this the case?? How are you doing at work now? I have currently reduced my dose of mirtazipine to 15mg but kept the pregablain at 150mg my aim is to get myself off the mirt and stick with the pregabalin. My job is stressful and I think it adds to my anxiety..I had a pretty bad day yesterday and this morning feel awful. When I saw my GP some time ago he said I could increase to 200mg at that time but as I seemed to be managing I didnt do that. I am thinking of taking 100mg at night and 100mg in the morning....do you think the increase will effect me at work?? Dont want to have to take time off again.

Thanks.
    JO.xx

Hi there,

I am increasing mine to 300mg on Monday too. I Have only been on 150mg a day for a week. Would be interested too to see how the increase affects anyone. I am in the same boat not wanting to take time off again :O) By the way Belfry your diary is great and a real help.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information