Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Diary of a new Pregabalin taker!

Re: Diary of a new Pregabalin taker!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfry1973 View Post
    Oh my good golly Gosh!

It's been nearly a year since I last posted and over over 16 months since I started the Lyrica!

Sorry its been so long, but I have this weird thing whereby if I'm not feeling anxious and doing ok I have to stay away from any kind of anxiety websites, books, etc. I think it just acts as a reminder of what happened and starts up my old 'getting anxious about being anxious' thing!

So whats happened? No more seizures since July last year which is excellent. The anxiety is so much better its untrue, I've also stopped getting the persistant headaches and visual disturbances. And I put this down to one major factor! I QUIT MY JOB! Once that monkey was off my back it was like a huge weight was gone and I recovered a lot more rapidly.
    Not to say it was plain sailing though, it was most certainly not. I didnt manage to get another job till the beginning of August which started stressing me again and my anxiety started to twitch, I do now have another job but without being snobbish it's like once I was the manager of a company, now I'm the cleaner, but it pays! And I got my driving licence back and I've been back driving nearly 2 weeks. I was driving when I had my breakdown and the anxiety got too much, so I'm trying to change my thinking again as I'm getting a little nervous the more I drive, my use of Propanolol has increased but its very much as and when now. But it'll come together eventually.

What the past years events have taught me is that the Pregabalin certainly helped, but it didnt cure it, I had to look at the outside stresses and problems that were causing my anxiety and change it. I havent had to have the Pregabalin increased!

And hows the Pregabalin, well I still have the dry mouth, thats never gone away, its a pain but now I'm used to taking a drink everywhere. It makes the effect of any alcohol I drink super strong so I'm almost tee-total. The getting dizzy and feeling a bit off if I dont take it on a full stomach or just before eating is still there, and yes on occasions I can eat to bursting.
    But it's all about management, which is important with any meds.
    I do still have trouble with word finding occasionally or saying the wrong word, but nowhere near as much, and I'm not entirely convinced its all down to the Pregabalin as it is too any memory problems caused by having seizures. Both the word finding and short term memory issues have increased over the years.

Am I cured? No, will I ever be? I hope so, but maybe not entirely. But now I know what to do if there are issues again.
    It can be done people, I did it! Loads of love, lots of hugs and thank you for listening!

Bel
    X
    So glad to hear of your positive experiences with Pregabalin. Interestingly my GP has told me that it is only a short-term medication and yet you have been on it for over a year now. I am just about to start it.
    Maybe i should think about changing my GP.

Hello,

I also have been taking this med for well over a year??? My gp said it is fine to take long term if necessary.

It has really helped me in terms of general anxiety...I also take 7.5mg of mirtazipine.

I would really reccommend it to anyone!!!

Jo.x

They don't want to give it to me because it costs too much and apparently there is little evidence that it is successful that it is effective as an anti-depressant...completely contrary to almost everyone I have spoken to on here.
    I don't see the pint in putting me on it for just 3 months.

Hi Robinbrum,

Glad to hear that things are getting better for you and the Pregabalin seems to be working. I have had depression and anxiety disorder for about fifteen years and have tried every drug out there and I can say that Pregablin has made a huge difference the only downside being the weight gain. I am trying to control that and am going to the gym tomorrow (if I have the courage to go out the door). I am curently on 100mg Pregabalin twice a day, 300mg Venlafaxine in the morning and 20mg Olanzapine at night. It's a lot of meds but I think I have finally found a combination that helps me. Are you on any other meds?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information