Thread: Air bubbles under skin on neck and face?!

Air bubbles under skin on neck and face?!

I can feel what I think are tiny air bubbles (or some kind of smallish moveable lumps) under my skin on my neck on top of my windpipe, one along my jaw and one on the side of my face high up near my forehead on the side about level with my eye but close to the hair line. Thee are no lumps visible above the skin, I can just feel them when I press the skin in (I think I have possibly had these for years, I seem to remember feeling them when I was at School but not entirely sure)

Ive been googling this and a condition called subcutaneous emphsema was mentioned which sounds scary: http://www.ihealthdirectory.com/subcutaneous-emphysema/ or im alos thinkiing oh my goodness are they lots of mini tumors!

Does this sound like anything to be concerned about or anyone had/has anything like this? I mentioned them to my doc when I went about something else and she just looked at me like I was insane, didnt feel them and said well just keep an eye on things!!
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 17-06-10 at 21:05.

Re: Air bubbles under skin on neck and face?!

just lumps and bumps of the body i think-------wish i could take my own advice!

they have probs always been there you are just more sensitive to everything

So theres every chance they are probs not sinister (im hoping so!! thx for reassurance)

nah,everybody has them i think,stop googling and stop self examining(i know easy to say)

doctor does not think there is a problem so you are fine louise

Also, if there was a connection between these small lumps and subcrutaneous emphysema, it would be a secondary symptom and you would be very ill with the first disease, such as lung collapse.

You think you've had it for years so you obviously didnt place any importance on it when you were younger but are obviously focused on it now. Try not to worry, they sound harmless enough...and stop googling because youve now seen what it can do...

Anna xx

i think these are just sort of inner skin tags.. i have them on my windpipe too and around jaw line, and also on scalp and neck. I get them on top of arms too. Nothing to worry about x

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

Ah it always makes me feel it must be more normal when other people have the same thing!! Not sure it is air, but does feel like moveable masses of some kind :-S

Thread Information