Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Support group - Chester - 15th August 2010

Re: Support group - Chester - 15th August 2010

Whether im on the phone or talking to someone in general I have been known to either go blank or think about what im saying and then I start to stutter only abit but when that happens no words will come out of my mouth. It makes you feel really self conscious, I don't know of any fancy words and when explaining something I have to go round the houses cos im not smart enough to say it anyother way. People have been known to finish my sentences which is really embarrassing.

Lizzie - if you click on the 'more' at the bottom of the smiles there are loads of funky icons

I have to agree with Paul, Belle I wouldn't have got that impression of you at all. Or you either Paul, for that matter. You were both quite chatty at the last meetup, especially considering it was the first time we'd all met.
    Think I have the opposite problem - talking too much! So don't worry all, if you're feeling unable to talk on Sunday I'm sure I can manage to find stuff to bore you all with.
    Belle, don't say you're not smart enough - you were certainly smart enough to keep us all giggling with you tales!
    And Lima, you're not a fraud at all! There are so many different mental health problems on this forum, and all are as important as each other and deserve to be given the time and opportunity to be talked about.

I often wonder when I'm out and about if people can sort of "sense" that I have problems, and are they looking at me and thinking "gosh, what a weirdo" lol! And then sometimes, I feel really proud of myself for walking down the street with all the "normal" people lol, hopefully blending in! How sad am I?! Lol!

To be honest though, what is normal? Everyone I know seems to have some sort of "issue", even if they may be a lot smaller than ours may be. But in some ways, we're a lot stronger than them, more sympathetic and more able to cope with what life throws us. Also, there's a post on here that says people with mental health problems are more intelligent than those without - I'm happy to believe that! Obviously there are exceptions to the rule though (*cough* Paul *cough*)

Ive just been looking at all the posts, the posts you guys have done are so well written, interesting and some really cool sentences, then I look at mine and feel ive gatecrashed the A class, im more of the C class. Reminds me of school, the bright, intelligent ones were in a class that was called Shakespeare, the not so bright and intelligent ones (me) were in a class called Sullivan. Good job my talent lies in the story telling, I can eat 20 marshmellows in one go too.

Belle, don't put yourself down. I'm sure there's really no difference in all our sentences, it's probably just the way you see it. I certainly hadn't noticed any difference between them all, except that Paul's are much abusive!

Even if you weren't in the top class at school - so what?! You're a strong, lovely, kind, caring, understanding, funny person who works damn hard at her anxieties to get better - that's a lot more than I could say about some people.

Anyway, you're bound to be better at rounders than me - apparently I look like a duck when I run! Although I am tempted to challenge you to the marshmallow thing...

Keep smiling - who cares about English classes at school, it's what tpe of person you are that counts, and you're definitely an A grade in that subject

Pam Ayres - I dont know what to say to that. See im brain dead, nothing clever to say in my my defence.

PS - you cursed me! Spot the typos lol!

I shall bring a recorder on sunday so we can have a rendition thanks very much paul

recorder and trombone i'll bring a cap, we could make a few bob for NMP.

Di, don't encourage him! Although the fundraising idea is a good one - think the recorder is probably more appropriate than the trombone or cymbals!

I can play songs from tuned bottles - we could make a band between us!

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information