Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye twitch for 2 weeks:(

Eye twitch for 2 weeks:(

Hi all, nearly 2 weeks ago my left eye started twitching it is still going strong. I just googled and prolonged eye twitching can be a neurological thing. Seeing as my biggest fear is MS im really really worried today. Why wont it stop ? x

Re: Eye twitch for 2 weeks:(

I had one once for months. Not sure why, never had it checked... it disappeared after time. I believe it was a trapped nerve. There would be other signs if it was MS. Stress and anxiety can also bring on eye twitching.

i had this for months about 2yrs ago.stil get it every now n then.its just anx/tension dnt worry its fine! X x

I had this a few years ago for six weeks solid. I finally decided to go to the doctors and guess what? It stopped as soon as I set foot in the waiting room!! I still have it now and then, usually it lasts for a few days. Just anxiety I'm sure and nothing more. Try and stop worrying.
    Judy.x

Eye lid twitching is normally because you are over tired or otherwise run down. EYE TWITCHING is completely different and can indeed be a neurological problem that needs looking at.

Vit B12 should be checked if you have multiple twitching this can become low for no reason, the good news is that it is easy to treat ether with an injection or tablets.

I take B12 daily Methylcobalamin, and this stops any twitching, this type of B12 is safe to take, good luck,

Peter

Hi tash,

I don't think this is anything to worry about. I've had a twitch in my left eyelid for the last 4 weeks. It sort of goes from side to side and I can see it when looking in the mirror. It's not constant but comes and goes. Lately, it getting less. It starts as if to twitch and then gives up and stops. And the twitching is not as frequent.

My doc reassured me it was a symptom of the stress and depression I'm currently experiencing. I've had extreme lethargy, low mood, emotional and twitchy eye, just for good measure!

It'll be okay. I think it's pretty common with stress and tiredness.

Yvonne

blepharospasm is what it's called. It's very common and very harmless. Caffeine, stress, being tired, anxiety, are all triggers. I've had it on and off for years now.

this is still happening :( its a very very subtle twitch on my top left eyelid. Im so worried about it. I was very tired last week when i posted but not now :( im so worried its MS

Hi

Dont worry its nothing. Honestly, I get this all the time, on my eyelids, under my eye, above my eye and its just stress related. I sometimes have this for months on end and it just goes away on its own eventually. Take care.

Hi, if it's any consolation I get these as well, and can get them for days or weeks at a time. They almost always coincide with me being tired and/or stressed. And I've had them for at least 20 years and I'm still here!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information