Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So scared is this IBS or some thing way worse

So scared is this IBS or some thing way worse

Hi there

Im not to sure where to start but im really looking for people in the same boat or anyone who can help and give advice.
    This all started about 6 weeks ago with a bad stomach pain then a sudden rush to go to the toilet so this is going to be a bit gross but it was very runny.
    From that day on i have never felt right at all the main symptom is always having the feeling of wanting to empty my bowels and when i do which can be upto 6 times in a day it always seems to be very loose and like pellets.
    Im really scared this could be something really bad but i do keep telling myself im only 30 and sure its just a bug but its very hard to believe that when im feeling this down.
    I have been to the doctors 3 times and the last time which was last week i had to give blood samples and do a stool test which im going back this friday to get the results which im stressing out about with worry.

What im really looking for is has any body had these symptoms and what was the out come.

Thank you for reading this and sorry to be so gross in parts.

Thanks for any help..

Re: So scared is this IBS or some thing way worse

could be lots of reasons bazza but what are you worried it is if the doctors are not worried?
    have you suffered from health anxiety before?

i have ibs ,have the symptoms you describe also get very swollen belly look very pregnant !! and certain foods can kick it off try to keep a diary of what your eating and reactions afterwards and see if that helps

I have had health worries for a long time but when the doctors say i have no idea it does not calm me down lol.

Summertime

I have been so bloated aswell and my my stomach rumbles and pops all the time really weird feeling.
    Thanks for the replys

it doesnt calm you down perhaps because you are unable to accept uncertainty im like that too big time recently. im therefore working on flooding myself with uncertainty by telling myself i have cancer instead of thinking what if i have cancer. this way i should be able to get used to the thought of having cancer and overcome the fear if you get my drift!

have you tried that ever?

oh bazza mine pops and rumbles to and sometimes it is so swollen i think it will literally burst it sounds to me like ibs and there is medication for this i know your worried but im sure it will be fine also i get alot of (politely as just joined lol)....wind

Randomworry its hard like i said as i really dont want to believe i have cancer and im sure i dont but its always that feeling just what if but im trying to calm down and wait for the results on friday and hope they are ok.

Summertime i dont mean this horrible but its good to know im not the only one with this problem you seem to have completely what i have and i feel sorry for you its not nice and yes the wind is there lol like i said before im just waiting for the results on friday and we will see what that says fingers cross nothing to bad thank you so much for talking about it with me.

With my IBS I get a lot of popping and bubbling. Especially recently as I haven't been eating much - my stomach shrunk due to eating less - due to anxiety. IBS can present itself in many ways, sometimes I've not been able to go, sometimes many times a day, less, more, etc. Recently I've experienced the bloating, bubbling inside as you mentioned. It's very annoying and makes you feel full too. Mine often gets worse at night for some reason I've noticed - heard a few people say that. So you may have noticed that.

awww no worries bazza yeah it aint nice is it ,i will keep fingers crossed for you to and understand your worry i was the same good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information