Thread: Starting CBT Therapy

Starting CBT Therapy

I have severe depression and severe anxiety.

I am due to have my first session of CBT on 2nd July, just feel anxious and panicky about it. Heard its tough and challenging. I have to do it or I won't feel better but I don't know how I am going to handle it as I find talking about feelings quite hard.

Any advice would be great

Re: Starting CBT Therapy

Hi Leanne
    These courses are geared to help people like you and the idea is not to overload you, so don't worrybut as this is an illness of how we think, you will be given exercises to run through in your daily life which then allow you to reflect on the way in which positive and negative thinking make such a difference to the outcome.

Veronicax

Hey.

I can understand why you feel anxious if you find talking about your feelings hard. Im not great at talking about my problems either, I always bottle things up and dont like other people to know how I feel. When I had my first session, honestly it was tough, I had to talk about things I didnt want to, I cried and didnt want to be there but after a while I settled into it and realised it is there to HELP. Go with a positive attitude, be honest with the therapist and give it all you have, Im sure it will help you. Good luck x

I'm in the same position. I'm on a waiting list for CBT and I'm really scared - and I also can't really talk about my feelings. But I just try to tell myself that while it might be difficult, it will hopefully help me on the way to overcoming my anxiety.

I don't know that The people have not ready about the CBT therapy. It is still for their health. I want to say that You will create only positive attitude and honestly tell about your feelings. I wish that You will share your feelings very well.

These courses are able to help people like you and consider you do not overload. I can understand why you worry if your hard feelings about not being able to talk. Not great at talking about my problems I am always bottle things and not like other people to know that I feel. It still is for his health. I say you can only create a positive attitude and sincere wish to tell about your feelings. I will share with you my feelings very well.

Thread Information