Thread: On my way recovery

On my way recovery

I've been away for a long time. I think it was three months ago since I last visited.
    I moved to a new house, far from the old one that reminded me of the lowest and darkest days of my life. The new house needs some repair but my kids love it.
    I lost 10 Kg -- from 86 kg in January, I now tip the scale at 76 kg. For my height, I am well within a healthy BMI. Now, I can do interval cardio exercise for 30 - 45 minutes non stop. I'm starting to do strength exercise as well to build some muscles onto my bones.
    I went to a spiritual retreat in April. There, I found my faith again. But my confessor told me, it was the other way around - it was God who found me, like a shepherd who lost a sheep, He went out of His way to find me. I believe him.
    My neuropsyh reduced my AD dosage to half. He said that I've responded well to the medication that, by August, if everything goes well, I'll be off the medications. I still feel anxious sometimes but, this time, without the symptoms. Maybe it is but natural to be worried or to feel anxiety -- what makes it bad are the symptoms. Thanks to the medications, my seronotin level is going back to normal. It was the imbalance that's causing my symptoms.
    My symptoms -- I think everybody in nomorepanic had or has one or all of them. Palpitations, light headedness, fatigue, tinnitus, pins and needlees to name a few. I had them all. But they are all gone now and slowly, I am learning to laugh again.
    Last edited by JoeKanon; 21-06-10 at 04:54. Reason: syntax

Re: On my way recovery

so pleased for you Joe. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Best wishes to you and your family in your new home.

Veronicax

well done long may it continue.
    all the best for the future xx

So good to hear a success story. well done you for turning it around
    Munkey x

I went to my neuropsychiatrist for my 3rd checkup about 2 weeks ago. The results are really good. He said I responding very well to my AD medications: I have no signs of liver toxicity, my reflexes have improved and my heart sounds more relaxed. He decided to cut my medication in half -- I am now taking them once every two days.

I don't feel any withdrawal symptoms. My anxiety is manageable: my brain still makes stories about even the most trivial things, but now, I can ignore those stories and focus on the moment. Whereas before, I seemed to view my surroundings through tiny peep holes, now I enjoy a panoramic view of my environment. Whereas before, my dominant feeling is fear, now it is gratitude and joy.

Oh God, it's good to be alive.

Thread Information