Thread: how many of you worry about lymph nodes-lymphoma/cancer

how many of you worry about lymph nodes-lymphoma/cancer

Just wondering whether worrying about lymph nodes is really common amongsthealthanxiety sufferers. I first noticed a lump in back of my neck about 15 months ago and had blood test that came back clear. I then didn't worry too much until about 6 weeks ago when I found second node on my neck. Since then I've become obsessed again even though both lumps are less than 1cm. Waitineg for result of another blood test but won't b happy even if they come back clear as have read so much about lymphoma not showing in blood tests :-(

Re: how many of you worry about lymph nodes-lymphoma/cancer

i get this also in my breast my lymphnodes are always swelling which was really getting to me even after hospital tests-i did the same as you also and read up about lymphona-however i did manage to find a site about how lymphnodes can swell and change or stay the same and are perfectly safe and this is actually more common than lymphona. I will try and find it again for you and ill send you the link it really put my mind at ease, also i contacted the lymphona helpline who was very helpful and friendly and told me what to actually to look out for

Yes, i worry alot, my lymph node isn't even big, it's just not soft. more like rubber but i think that may be a family thing or due to severe infection when i was very young. i have been worried for 10month and the lymph node has not got any bigger and has responded to infection so i suppose i don't have it but i still worry my family all think i'm insane and can't understand my worry. i haven't been to a doctor as the swelling always occurs with infection. an last month the node hurt with infection, so i didn't have lymphoma then. just worried because its not soft, rubbery not like a stone more like an eraser but all of my family seem to have the same thing.

That's the main reason im here lol all my posts are to do with lymphoma fears x

My lymphoma fear is my latest one.

My fear of this lump at the back of my neck (for 6 years) has returned with a vengeance. Can't stop thinking about C. It was sore a week ago. Now it's painless and still tender. It has always been like this. I can't put my mind at ease 100% though :(

I don't feel around on my lymphnodes and then there is no worries. I let the Doctors check them when I am in there.

I never feel around for them how ever i am scared of other types of cancer x

Thread Information