Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An escape

An escape

I know most of my triggers are from home and the events that happen there, a lot of the time I think if I had somewhere to go for say a week it'd really help, I could just be on my own and try and calm myself down but the thing is I have nowhere to go, no friends I could stay with, no family I could stay with, haven't got the money to pay for a hotel.
    Does anybody else feel the need to just go somewhere and relax for a while but they just can't do it?
    It's just really frustrating!!

Re: An escape

Oh yes, all the time and for all the same reasons you give plus a few others so I feel all I can do is try not to think about it and try to find enjoyment within my trap but sometimes those reasons get too hard to ignore so I withdraw and go quiet. I know I shouldn't but, well, that's life. It's how I cope.

Yes that sounds like me too. Trapped within your own comfort zone. It is the worst. Bill, one day you will escape out of your trap. I really think you will. You always say it is too late for you etc, but one day you will have the courage. All of us will. It is the anticipation and worry about negative outcomes that hinder us. I think half our issues is having too high of morals too! I try and make enjoyment in my trap too but it is hard. Hopefully one day we will escape

A lot of the time I just have to pretend, try and make myself believe I'm in a nice tranquil place, wish I could be there for real though haha.

one day you will ,,,,it gets better i asure you xx

Call me wierd, but I have these dumb old blankets I drag around - I pile them on at night when I finally sit down to watch a little TV - there is something comforting about them. Maybe that is my escape......

Hi MidnightCalm,

Where would you like to go for a break if you could?
    Would it be by the sea, out in the countryside or in the mountains?
    I fondly remember family holidays in Cornwall pre illnes and have wondered if it would be thereputic to revisit.

Some of the guided visualizations or meditations could take you on a mini break. Perhaps someone here can recommend some.

I havent been for a while but one thing that I found I could do on my own was camping.
    My last trip covered three National Trust sites in the Lake district and it worked out about £6 per night.
    There were quite a few people on there own who often looked like they were having a better time than the couples.

Could a day trip help for now.

Simon.

Well, this is quite happening with a lot of people these days. All I can say that try going to new places, and most important do those things first which you feel is difficult or dislike, its definitely going to change your present situation, and you will be more interactive. Hope it makes sense.

Wow everyone, not exactly sure what everyone is refering to about their home life being the cause of their illness or at least not the place they can relax. I too have an issue at home and it's about my non stimulating relationship with my mate. If this is what people are talking about, I too am having a problem with severing the relationship and have had a difficult time getting some calm. The one thing I ahve started to do is get out on my own and do my own thing and it has gelped. I play squash, golf, jog, run, ride my motorcycle what ever it takes. Until I get my plan together to make my move.

Yu got to find something, now or you will go crazy.

Good luck,

Ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information