Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know where I CANNOT get help from

I know where I CANNOT get help from

and that is NMP chat......

after being disconnected (during a panic attack i may add), i came back in mentioned my PA, no one replied, so i went into help, stayed there for 5 mins or more and NO ONE came.

Some help. I have found more help in a brick wall than this.

I am seriously dissapointed that people (expect Baggs) didnt acknowledge my cry for help when needed. I am seriously thinking on giving up NMP again. unless someone can give me a explination

I explained why i was panicing, and went to help and nothing. I seriously hope new members are not treated like this.

Re: I know where I CANNOT get help from

haya hunny im sorry this happend you i also got ignored in caht last nigt wheni methioni had see my cpn

i think people just sometimes get wrapped up in there own converstions to realsie someone needs help i dontthink any one did this to youon purpos i think its one of those things that just happen and try not to take to much to heart i was ini would of helped maybe try pming some one who you trust ot ritting apost to exlapin in the furom whats happing

i hope yr ok today and hope your not to upset about what happend many people on here care for you an di know its hard when you need help and no ones there try andnot let it get you down to much

maybe righting this post wil bring to people s attenthion about the caht ruls and how it says that chit chat should be put to one side if some one needs help i think people just ned to rember what this site ia all about

hopers xxxxxx

Dear StandFree I'm sorry that you did not get the response that you wanted. I have only used the chat a couple of times. I went into the 'help' room and a moderator soon followed. I'm sure that this was a mistake that nobody followed you and no one intentionally ignored you. I hope that you are feeling better now. You could try pming one of the moderators to let them know how you are feeling. take care EJ.

Hi Stand,
    I find the chat can move too quickly when there are quite a few people all involved in their conversations. Once the numbers get into double figures it starts to feel crowded for me and I can find it difficult to keep up when the chat is in full flow.

It's highly possible that a lot of people missed what you were saying because they were trying to keep up with whatever convo they're involved in and end up scanning stuff written by the others they know are in that bit of their conversation.

This is why I tend not to come into chat if it looks too busy cos it can move so fast it's difficult to keep up with at times, and even if you do make a comment it just gets lost in the flow so I wouldn't take it personally Stand and don't leave NMP just because of this one incident. You could have had a private chat with Baggs for a while, but I can understand if you were in the midst of a panic attack that you felt like nobody wanted to know, the anxiety makes you feel alone even if someone is trying to help.

Better days Stand
    Shaun

Hey Pammi,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened, I was away at the time, talking to my mum, etc. So I did not see the commotion in chat.

Although, I will say with other posters have said, if you feel as if you are being ignored, pm someone you trust if you aren't getting the response you require from the chatroom. Also, NMP has a forum which loads of people are on, regardless of whether chat is full or not. Maybe try posting a thread in the forum.

Also, when chat is full, sometimes people do get wrapped up in their conversations, we all do it. We all know the reality of that. Sometimes people slip through the radar simply because people are concentration on their conversation as there are loads of people in the chatroom talking/its going really fast, which can be very difficult for others to keep up with. Sometimes even I find it difficult!

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

stand ....last night was very hard to follow as there were so many people in .....I'm sorry i didnt notice your cry for help ..xxxxxxxxxx

hi
    am just going to repeat what the others have said really...
    but im sorry you feel like giving up please dont.
    im not sure if i was in chat or not at the time but chrissy is right ...if you cant get a reply pm someone you trust or a mod ...
    it does go very quick sometimes and also ive realised since being a mod we can be caught up helping others in pm and trying to keep an eye on chat at the same time, and we like the others are sufferers and sometimes we dont feel up to going into help ourselves...
    i myself on occasion have felt ignored but i know this isnt the case its just hard to keep up ...and pm`ing someone is a way of getting heard ...even if that particular person cant help you they will find someone who will.
    hope you are feeling better today
    rach
    x

Hi Pammi

I'm not sure what time this happened yesterday but to be fair, I believe there was a much larger number of people in chat than normal.
    I popped in during the evening and had to leave becuase it was moving too fast for me..there were 27 people in when I was there.

I have missed people in help before because I cannot type and watch the screen at the same time..someone goes into help and I don't see them, I'm sure the same thing happens to others too.

To be honest, I have seen this happen before, people have taken things personally and that's really not fair. We all have our own issues and may not be up to following someone into the help room..it is a sad fact but we have to remember that all forum users here, including mods are sufferers themselves and may not be up to dealing with a stressful situation.

I would echo what everyone else has said, if there are people there that you know and trust and you feel you need help and aren't getting it then give them a PM, see if they can help.

Whether you give up on NMP is up to you hun. I wouldn't want you to leave, in particular because I think you have friends here who think a lot of you and I doubt whether you would find the same kind of support elsewhere..however like I said it's your decision.

Maybe give yourself some time to think though.

Pammii

I can't shaddow what Ladybird said enough, she has hit the nail right on the head.

I was a chat room moderator for a long time and now admin and not even i can keep up with chat at times. It has the highest volume i have ever seen in all my time here and of course people are going to slip through the net. It's not intentional i am sure but we have to remember that not everyone can be there for everyone else all of the time.

What we have to remember is NMP is a free site with a free chat facility. It's an extremely busy site and we can't stand guard on the chat room 24/7 to make sure no one is overlooked. As adults we need to see these situations for what they are and allow for these little mishaps.

Lisa

The thing is, Baggs was the only person who responded to me, I feel that people only help who they want to help, not everyone. I don't think PMing anyone would have matter to be honest as people were so intrested in main room. I really think something has to be done on the chatroom so people can choose a room also, have other rooms, but I feel that until this is done (it can be, I have seen other sites managing it, and coping well). I think I'm going to have a break, but keep my account open, if anyone would like to speak to me outwith chat, pm me and will give you all my email address so can msn and my facebook so can chat there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information