Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I know where I CANNOT get help from

Re: I know where I CANNOT get help from

Thank you for explaining how chat works ladybird

Anna xx

Howdy,Pammi.......My opinion is to stay away from chat,just hang in with us in The forum.I have met some wonderfull,caring and sincere people who have taken the time to Pm me and help me when I am feeling down.Thankyou to them.
    Rhonda xx

I did try chat once or twice but I found by the time I'd thought of what I thought might help, the original question had disappeared off the page amongst all the others so I just couldn't keep up but I wish I could do more to help people when they need it most. Besides that, I can only type with one finger! After that I felt I'd be of more use on the forum or in pm.

Thumbs up Re: I know where I CANNOT get help from

Hi Stand,

I don't think I was in Chat on the evening in question, but please just remember that anxiety mostly affects us all, and all of the time too and for some that affects our confidence in giving others advice. We are also not all experienced in the many triggers such as alcohol, drugs, abuse, etc.

I for one have GAD and panic disorder, and that is bad enough. On joining NMP I have learned that just about everyone is more worse off, and really only just coping. How they do it - and so admirably - is beyond me.

The NMP chat room is a release for every one of us to vent, air our feelings, chat normally, make friends or, in your case, seek help. We're all sorry that you didn't get the help you needed at such a critical time, but we are only human and aiming anything but constructive criticism at us is likely to make us feel worse.

I hope you were alright after the incident, and that you do come back into Chat. I would like to see you there. If you see me, drop me a PM straight away and I will gladly talk to you, whether you're anxious, PA'ing or not.

All the best for now, and we hope to hear from you again soon.

Regards and best wishes,

Neo

i`ll hold my hand up .. i was in that night but wasnt to clever so going in to help room triggers me off ... i wasnt that bad that i needed to go in myself ..just having a bit of a laugh in main takes the edge off it.. go back pamii you got some good friends in there .. to be honest id much prefer to pm .. if im having a pa and someone else comes in having a pa .. well that aint gonna help matters for me but make it worse as with prob most .. go back pamii dont let it uspset you anymore .. Tony

i went on it for the 1st time last night.....and the communication is very speedy....be patient......i wrote that i am going to read and take it all in and will contibute when ready.
    i will go on the link tonight and if i feel i cannot keep up then i will do the same.
    dont let this one experience put you off.....if i see you tonight i will say "hi" xxxxx
    keep strong xxxxxx

Heya,

I find that I cannot keep up witht he chat room. Especially if I'm trying to do something else at the same time. If you look away for 5 seconds you may have missed something important someone has written, it moves so quickly! I've only been in there once or twice, but I feel much more comfortable posting int he forum. I find that I usually get more detailed and helpful responses from the forum too as opposed to being in the chat room. I think the chat room is better used for catching up and general conversation, it's difficult to talk about problems in such a fast-paced and busy environment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information