Thread: I fit this topic to a TEE!

I fit this topic to a TEE!

I posted in general anxiety's but I am fit to post here as well. I was the one that wrote anxiety ruling my life. Well, it absolutely is. I need some help. I am petrified of flying which I need to do by June. Or take a cruise which I am also terrified of. My anxiety is ruling my life. I can't eat, or sleep, or function. I can't leave the house. I don't talk to anyone. I have tried the military doctors but they are overbooked or just don't see this as an illness. I have been told to get over it!! Well, I can't!! This isn't a choice. I hate this.

hate flying meself so ive just decided never do it again, anyway im happy as larry in ireland so at the mo it is not a problem.

others have posted today that this is a real problem to them and i no how phobias can wreck your life. it certainly doesnt feel like a choise but it is a matter of changing the way we think and what wour reaction is to fear. easier said than done i no for sure

your not alone

jackie

Thank you so much for writing to me. I wish I had the power to make people understand this fear/anxiety. It's cure doesn't come in the form of a pill/or a "just get over it". It has completely ruled my life. I don't have the words to make my husband understand this illness. He keeps using words like "valium" or "xanax". If it were that easy I would've done it years ago. I see the way he looks at me, and then the words "I miss my wife" fall out of his mouth only leaving me feeling more ashamed and embarrassed. I have lost hope in me getting better. I don't see an end to this. I am willing to stay in Hawaii while my husband finishes his military career because I can't see this stopping. I have no light at the end of my tunnel. Is this what I am resigned to for the rest of my life??

Thread Information