Thread: IBS

IBS

Hi, i was reading someones post about bleeding and bums. lol. at the moment i am having real bad loose bowels and some pain, my other half reckons its ibs as it does happen after some foods, im trying to work out which, goin to the Doc is a bit of a no, last time i went she signed me off work for 2 months cos my blood count was so low. I take iron, and have gastritis which i take meds for but just wanted to know if anyone has ibs, and what sort of symptoms you have, i have kind of convinced myself i have bowel cancer at the very least as i have pain in my side and stomach pain sometimes. On a morning when i get up i can go to the loo 3 times before i go downstairs and afterwards have kind of like a period pain which goes away later.
    if i eat something eg fish and chips, Lord that its im off, find a loo quick.!!

thanks for letting me rant.

julie

Re: IBS

Hey
    So sorry, this is annoying isn't it!

Have you been to the doc to see if you are allergic to anything? This might be causing some of your probs as you were saying when you eat certain stuff it can set you off?
    It may be looking at your diet and changing that?

Hey there Julie,

Don't worry, I'm sure it's not bowel cancer - pain in the side/stomach/back are very very very very common in IBS as it is caused by the spasms and contractions of the intestines and bowels.

It does sound as if you may have IBS. A good idea is to keep a food diary. Write down what you eat, write down how react, use a scale of 1 - 10 for how painful it gets. Do this for a wee while and it'll help you link which foods/ingredients which may be contributing and making your IBS worse.

I hope you find the solution soon!!

Take care,

Chrissy xxx

PS: I know that you mentioned going to the doc was a no no but they are able to prescribe Colofac, which will help take away the spasms. You take the tablet before you eat so that your intestines don't go all ultra crazy. Just another path to consider hunni, I wish you all the best whichever you choose to do xxxxxxxx

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

Think you should go to doc to get yourself checked out hun but in the meantime try peppermint tea or peppermint capsules - I find them very helpful but IBS can be quite painful at times. Also cut spicy food and onion, peppers and tomatoes - all of those upset my stomach.
    Hope it calm downs soon.
    JoRo

Thread Information