Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ok here we go......

ok here we go......

Hi people, I have a phobia of medication and can never seem to take more than one anti depressant before i quit them and feel like the side effects are too much and just dont feel ryt.

so for the people in my situation who are petrified of medication im going to record my experience as i go, Some help and support to keep going through the side effects will be grately appreciated.

I have been described 50 mg sertraline, im going to snap them in half for the first few days and take them on the night time. The first one im going to take is tonight.... i am scared that they will send me mad or make me feel weird or ill end up in care or something.. all the worries are going through my mind now but im trying to ignore those thoughts and take my 1st half.....

i shall report back on here tomorow of how im getting on.....

cheers

m

Re: ok here we go......

HI micheal,

You will be ok, i know where u are coming from exactly the same myself regarding medication, but here iam five years later after starting sertraline 50mg, dont even give it a second thought now. I know it is easier said than done, but try to relax, distract yourself, good idea to take at night, then go to sleep. Let us know how you have got on (which will be fine by the way?

take care lynne

cheers for your post lynne.... nice to know opther people got through it..

Day 1

Had a weird sleep felt very confused and weird... today i have the constant yawning sensation and constantly feel sick... dont feel myself and feel a bit weird.. the hot weather isnt helping its just too hot... feel a bit dizzy and quiet horrible.. bad thoughts and anxiety still with me .. mind racing etc.... scared to take the next tablet, i feel like the more i take the further i change from being myself to maybe a zombie or something.. its scaring me but the show must go on... i plan to take the next half tonight just before bed again.... havent eat all day so will try and eat half a sandwich hope the sick feeling passes as the days go by...

cheers

Hi Michael88.
    You are NOT alone with this. When I was prescribed prozac 11 years ago I thought it was the be all and end all of medication -full stop! I stopped drinking -smoking my social life as I thought this was the wonder drug that would solve every thing
    In the past eight months tho I have been tried on 3 different types of A/D;s the first I just took one and said no I cant handle it . the next one was 2 months then a higher dose= 4 months in total. stopped that one didnt think it was working . now on citalopram and that was the clincher - I was back at the doctors within 4 days saying I cant do this any more and was told ...nicely I might add that this is it you have to fight thru it. and I did . it was the highway to hell to quote a phrase but it has started to work -to the degree that I am back at work after 7 months off.Its a sod when you have to bite the bullet and do it as I had always said I cannot take it as I have no control over what it is doing inside my body.
    I still dont take any onther meds not even painkillers. just deal with it. thats my way tho.
    keep strong and you will get thru it with a little more faith in yourself
    Jean

good luck it really does get better it just takes time.
    take care and hope you start feeling better soon

thanks...

Day 2

Had the worst headache throughout the night and day.. and dizzyness.. voices in my head seem quiet a bit more intense like talking and my minds just constantly racing... feel like im not in my body still and just dont feel right.. but still i have been doing a lot of glossing which coulc be adding to this. feel like crap at the minute.. confused and just like a zombie... however im impressed that im into my 2nd day its the furthest ive got lmao.... still having bad images and thoughts they seem a bit more intense now im on the anti depressants... going to take another half tonight.. sick feeling and yawning sensation have calmed down just bad headaches. thanks for the support people...

Day 3 and 4

still just feel crappy not much improvement sick feeling has left will keep you updated

Day 5

feel really stressed and cant keep still or sleep. anxiety and bad thoughts at a high.. heats not helping.. i really hope these things start to work

Day 6

Feel scared and panicky... feel like im in a bad dream.. kinda can feel them working but still feel crap. keeping it up and hoping ill get better

You will get better, just remember it's still really early days it's only day 6 for you so they will only be just starting to get into your system slightly. You're doing really well to have kept taking them..... keep going you'll get there!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information