Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ok here we go......

Re: ok here we go......

I dont think im going to take sertraline anymore, even after one day i know its stupid but i really cant stand the thought of feeling like i did yesterday. im in a dilemma, what does anyone think i should do, the side effects were just totally awful for me.

The side effects will be bad when first starting but once you get through them after a couple of weeks you should start feeling better and more relaxed. All medications have start up side effects but once you get through them you will feel so much better

Some of the side effects can be psychosomatic. Like you are anxious about the side effects you've read about in the leaflet, so the anxiety causes you to feel sick, panicky, dizzy etc. Try to stick with them for at least a week.

amy just look at my day to day diary and follow it..... trust me tht feeling does go i had it it is horrible but now i feel alot better..

are you still on 50mg?

I stopped mine as I spent 4 days of barely eating as I felt that sick and couldn't sleep at all

Hi guys

My name is Nathan, I was prescribed Sertraline a couple of days ago to help with anxiety, a little depression and quite bad OCD. I have been on Seroxat (paroxetine) before and every time I went on them again the side effects got worse. I was prescribed Seroxat at 13 years old for bad panick attacks, which looking back now was such a harsh drug to prescribe me at that age. I have just taken my 2nd tablet this morning, was prescribed 50mg but snapped the tablet in half as with Michael and a few others on here a combination of a phobia of taking medication and previous bad experiences with ssri's have left me over cautious.

1st Night:

Well compared to Seroxat (and considering I halved the dose to sub-theraputic dose) Sertraline seams to make me feel less sick. Though the spaced out feeling, anxiety and weird head is there. Last night I had a panick attack which felt like lot's of shouting in my head and weird sensations. The yawning I find kind of annoying. Seem to yawn a couple more times than I normaly would and seem to get weird spasm feeling in my chest and forearms and my legs would go a bit weak, anyone else get this?

Thanks xx
    Last edited by pretoria; 05-11-10 at 13:38.

Hi nathan - I'm on day 11 of Setraline and feeling anxious and out of it. Like you I had tried Prozac previously and it just does not suit me. So this is my 2nd time on Setraline - it worked well the last time but I dont remember the side effects being this bad - or maybe its just the anxiety and depression that are bad and I'm blaming the meds???! Anyhoo - I am having muscle spasms too - I have restless legs - especially at night and tend to kick a lot - so DH tells me!
    I feel quite sick aswell but am glad my appetite is reduced cos I was comfort eating prior to starting the meds! How are you feeling today?

Quick update~~

Still on 50 mg.. Not perfect but I am starting work for the first time in 3 years in 2 days. I have started a diary for that in the general anxiety section if you are interested.

Good luck all and healthy thinking

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information