Thread: inositol

inositol

i have a large tub of this i am not sur about grams ect but how many tea spoons should i have in my glass of water ? and has anyone had benefits from taking it ?

really stressed at min well i stress and get worked up every day for about two weeks at a time then breakdown its like my stress is like a milk bottle and after about two weeks it overflows and i cant cope i need to take a day off work to rest then get worked up about going back to work , i am currently in my probationary period and have had three diciplinary meetings so far as i have had about 4 occasions of sickness in 4 months ... my work have requested a report from my doctor and he has suggested better time management for me eg being more flexible with my sickness i personally dont think they will take me on as a permanent employee , how will i ever hold down a job ??ive been in and out of work for ten years now and always end up leaving jobs due to panic attacks and sickness.

Re: inositol

Hi fretty_freda, I've been taken Inositol for about a month or two. I have the capsules from Holland & Barrett and take 2-3 per day (as recommended on the bottle). I can't say I've noticed much difference in my outlook etc, but will continue to take them. However, here you can read a bit more about it and how higher doses have been used to treat anxiety.

How much is usually taken?

Most people do not need to take inositol. In addition, the small amounts commonly found in multivitamin supplements are probably unnecessary and ineffective. Doctors sometimes suggest 500 mg twice per day. For depression, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder, 12–18 grams per day has been shown to be effective in double-blind trials.

Hi Fretty Freda,

How are you doing today, hopefully not so stressed. I dont know anything about inositol but I hope it helps. It would be good if you could find ways of stopping your stress building up or different ways of getting rid of it.

Try and be positive about the job, you know it aint over till its over. Do the best you can whilst you are there. If it doesnt work out, you'll cope and try to find another job. I know you want rid of the anxiety, keep trying, stay positive, eventually you will come to terms with it.

Anyway I hope it goes ok, you take care.

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Hi Fretty Freda

There is a good thread on the natural remedies board all about inositol, take a look, I found it useful:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64229

Dahlia

Thread Information