Thread: Depressive feelings from anxiety?

Depressive feelings from anxiety?

Hello!

I am a sufferer of General Anxiety disorder, having a real bad spell for the last week or so due to taking way too much on over the last months and operating at a high level of stress for too long. When im really bad like this I get such intense feelings of dread, inability to cope, bleakness and almost despair?? my main fear is that im gonna have a full blown nervous breakdown or develop really bad depression. It only happens when im really really anxious and when i have bad depersonalization/derealization but those thoughts almost send me into a panic and fill me with adrenaline! After ive chilled a bit i do feel a bit down but a strong twinge of those feelings is still there and they are kinda hard to forget about!

I know not to worry, i have had all of this before and bounced back pretty quick but its horrible when it gets in top of you and you feel like your right on the edge! Just wanted some reassurance that other people get something similar and that its all part of the anxiety rollercoaster and that depression isnt becoming a new addition to my anixety CV!

Thanks Guys
    Jeffro

Re: Depressive feelings from anxiety?

yes it is a rollercoster ,,not nice but we come throu it you will just try to be strong and thik i am ok you wont beat me

Thanks!

I know, just having a bad day today, tried to go back to work which was a bad idea, it has just got on top of me a bit!! Need to get back to the positivity!

I had depression from GAD but its because I allowed it to beat me! In the end i said NO MORE and i accepted GAD as a part of my life and to do ANYTHING to get better. I done CBT and take medication and Im now on my recovery. Dont let it beat you, letting it beat you will make u feel down & most likely depressed. Good luck

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

I think this is the stage that I've got to as well. I've accepted that I am an anxious person and that it will probably never go away, and therefore I have to deal with it by using coping strategies and distracting myself.

I've had depression on top of anxiety as well, and getting the two together really is the pits. Sometimes it's been set off by HA, but also by external things like crappy jobs, being married to someone who got hugely in debt, then spending 4 years with a binge drinker/drug user.

Of the two, I'd rather live with the anxiety than the depression, to be honest, as at least anxiety speeds me up!

This sounds alot how I've felt for three months. A large amount of stress from poor jobs, unemployment, failing driving tests and life in general has set me into a state of depersonalization and depression. I am at the point now where I struggle to go out I feel very depressed that it has controlled me this way.

The worst part is probably the depersonalization and health anxiety I suffer. I'm just worried to go out due to my symptoms the dp makes me feel weak, tried, housebound.

I can't offer much advice as I'm going through it myself but I do feel quite alone suffering it, prob cos I'm quite down myself..I feel desperate every day and just don't feel me, question what I am doing on the earth..panic, shakes, dull vision lots of symptoms.

I am hoping it gets better soon.

Thread Information