Thread: My Palpitation?

My Palpitation?

Okay, my usual resting Heart Rate is between 68-80bpm. I know this as Im constantly checking my pulse, especially when im out.

Twice this week coming home from work, once ive got home ive noticed my chest racing(about a 10-15min walk from stn)

I sit down and measure pulse and its 105-110. Its stays like that for about 30-45mins before gradually calming down.

I know 100bpm is still considered normal BUT if your usual rate is much less, then its suddenly up at that level, thats a palpitation isnt it??

Thing is, im going to Lille on Aug 10th(Ive a phobia about the Eurostar) & im worried about having one of these & not able to cope. In a foreign place and needing a hospital or something.

Im just worried all the time about it & obsessing to be honest.

Re: My Palpitation?

I think maybe by the fact that you are sitting there checking it, shows you are worrying and anxious about it...in turn your heart responds to that fear by beating faster.

Also, it depends what you consider resting, as checking your pulse like that sounds like you are not actually resting, as in sitting or lying and relaxing.

I think palpitations are hard noticeable beats. I am sure you will be fine on the Eurostar and nothing bad will happen to you.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Re: My Palpitation?

Palpitations are more of a hard missed beat or an irregular beat rather than a fast beat... I think it sounds like you are just worrying more than usual because your going away and your worried your going to feel like this so your getting more of the feelings now, i know when i worry about these horrid feelings i tend to get them more x

Thread Information