Thread: Returning to work......

Returning to work......

Im going back to work tomorrow for the first time in 2 years. Needless to say Im very nervous and concerned as to whether or not I will be able to cope with it.

I thought I would start a thread to write down my feelings as some sort of outlet.... no doubt I will have some testing moments but hopefully I will be able to ride through them and not go back to where I was 2 years ago....

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading x

Re: Returning to work......

Try not to worry and just think once the first day is over, it's over - and you did it! I'm sure people will greet you with smiles and you'll be eased into it. You're bound to be nervous, it's a massive step but I'll wish you all the best for a happy first day back at work. Congratulations on this very important step and I wish you all the best.

Yvonne

your be fine you see good luck and god bless

Good luck! You will be absolutely fine I'm sure

Thanks everyone. You were right, it went ok. So far, so good. Im not doing much at the moment, just training. Taking it one day at a time x

Finished my second shift and can already feel the SA rearing its ugly head.
    There is tension between some staff at the moment and the usual bitching. It is nothing to do with me but its making me paranoid that other people are judging me negatively and bitching behind my back. Hate being this sensitive. grrrrrr

i so understand ....

Hows it going now Spagetti? I hope you are still working and all is going well.

Sorry to hear about the tension at ur workplace. I find it difficult at work when i get caught up in other peoples nonsense and get stressed. I find it easier if I focus on my jobs for the day and try not to get drawn in to bitchy behaviour that is clearly only for other's entertainment.
    Hope ur situation improves x

Hi everyone,

Sorry Ive took so long to get back to you.

Ive been working 2 months now. On the whole I am feeling much better in myself. I still get the odd day but can deal with them much better now.

As for the bitching, its about someone different every week. I try to let it go over my head and dont get drawn into it. Im working by myself much of the time, thank goodness, as some of them really would drive me up the wall otherwise haha.

Im due back at the doctors next month to review my meds. Hopefully I will be able to start weaning myself off the ADs

So yeah, Im very pleased with myself at the moment. If I can do it, anyone can

Thread Information