Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atos Medical Assessment...

Re: Atos Medical Assessment...

Quote Originally Posted by zanxena View Post
    HI I am new to the forum.
    I am currently waiting for my Tribunal which is now approaching a year . Its sad to say but I used to work for Citizens Advice Bureau and ATOs standards don't seem to have improved.
    My medical was very inacurate and inappropriate comments were made by the Dr at the time. I have complained and despite Atos admitting it was not conducted to standard. I still am waiting on my Tribunal. Sadly the appeal letter seems to go on the medical assessment not anything you have sent. So you have to go to A Tribunal which is very stressful with out health problems.
    Community Legal Advice are dealing with mine but I will still have to face them myself.

He should be reported to the GMC for inappropriate comments
    Duties of Doctors in General

A doctor must always maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.

A doctor must practice his profession uninfluenced by motives of profit.

The following practices are deemed unethical:

1. Any self advertisement except such as is expressly authorized by the national code of medical ethics;
    2. Collaborate in any form of medical service in which the doctor does not have professional independence;
    3. Receiving any money in connection with services rendered to a patient other than a proper professional fee, even with the knowledge of the patient.

Any act, or advice which could weaken physical or mental resistance of a human being may be used only in his interest.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBonce View Post
    Just to say that I had to appeal against their decision that I was fit for work. It is very hard to get through with mental health problems on the first medical and well known by Citizens Advice Bureau and other agen cies that have to help people appeal.
    I won my appeal easily. I just had to provide some written 'evidence' and have a chat with a different Dr & lawyer. They were very much on my side, so don't worry too much about it. It's such a pain though and I do feel for you. Dang Government!

Good luck

Bubble

My daughter has been ill since she was in school and she is 26 now she has no contact with anyone and spends 99.9% of her time in her bedroom and has been like this since she was taken ill (I have started a thread about it)

I am glad you won your appeal that's one in the eye for them.

Hi

I failed my medical and i appealed. it took a year to go to tribunal which i had in may this year. I was so nervous, i really went in there with the thought i would lose as iv heard so many people had

I answered the questions as honestly as i could. After less than ahlf an hour i was told i had won my appeal

I have been placed in the work related category and have to go to a work based interview every month for 6 months and then i have to start looking for a job

this is worrying me greatly because i have had a set back lately and my panic and anxiety has got really bad again

love mandie x

My daughter suffers greatly from her problems and up to about a year ago I was taking 15 mgms of Cipralex for anxiety.

I had reduced them gradually to 5mgms but since my daughter had this letter from Atos I have started to feel very anxious about the vulnerability of us all and how we are the mercy of the powers that be. Although I am a trained nurse I had to give up working due to ill health and now I have a meningioma.

I have started to have irrational worries about the future and how I cannot bare to think of anything happening to us and us being 'apart'

How often do I need to go for an assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Going home View Post
    And it seems that things are about to get worse with the new government too. They've said they're going to shake up the whole benefit system

Anna xx
    I am aware there some changes to take place, but it really isn't worth worrying about.
    In some ways benefit's are being re-named.
    Also changes to benefit's is a slow process and nothing is final and set in stone.

I think maybe Mr Spock had the right idea that human emotions have many flaws and are very unpredictable Live Long & Prosper

Diagnosed With Following Under Mental Health

Severe Depression
    Generalised Anxiety Disorder
    Panic Disorder
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    Agoraphobia

Physical Health Diagnosis's

Type 2 Diabetes
    Blood Clotting Disorder
    Lymphoedema
    Asthma
    Sleep Apnoea

I have to have a medical next week, I am absolutly terrified,i am a 41 year old man and i have post trumatic stress caused by being raped by 3 black men when i was 20.
    I contracted hiv and for 10 years i have been unable to work do to mental problems which prevents me going out alone and having to live with the effects of the virus and the side effects of the drugs.
    I also suffer from fitting and blackout on a daily basis.
    This medical has made me so ill, worse than normal.
    I find myself in a state of shock and im so scared as what the outcome will be.
    If they say im fit for work what do i do, take someone with me.
    Im a very scared bloke whos is trying his best to get back on track and this has just knocked me back 5 years.
    HELP

Having been discharged from the Armed forces 15yrs ago with Phobic Anxiety Disorder and associated depression, and been on Anti-Depressant medication ever since;(Efexor, Prozac and others currently 60mg Citalopram) I have just been assessed by ATOS as Fit to Work(!)

I have appealed (again) of course - that's the 2nd time in 6 months-but I wonder if there is a general trend to ignore Mental Health issues by ATOS? am at aloss to know what to do next; DWP advise contacting my previous employer and asking for my jo back(!) Dont think MOD are interested in 60yr old Pilot on Medication, Diabetic, 100% Remission from Cancer!

I wrote to various Politicians including IDS who didn't even reply. Interested to know general feelings about all this from fellow sufferers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information