Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just started

just started

have felt ok but just tried to go for a run today and i felt like i weighed 20 stone???

im quite slim and relatively fit.....

Re: just started

Hi, I'm about 10 days behindyou. Done the half-tablet easing in and am on 30mg at night. So far I am sleeping reasonably well (have been taking Zopiclone for sleep last 5 years). I haven't noticed any undesirable side-effects (yet?) but I have gained 2kg body mass. This is despite me increasing activity and decreasing food. It was a surprise as I was aware this med can be a weight gainer for some. Looking for some mood-brightening and re-joining the human race with things like emotions ... fingers crossed.

oh am taking 30mg at night for anxiety mainly

thanks.

thats the horrid thing with zispin,great med but the weight gaIN awful!!! even with diet and exercise, im coming off them after 2 years for that reason xx

I've just decided to come off mirt after 9mths on 45mgs. I have nothing but praise for this drug's ability to sort your head out. It lifted my mood and decreased my anxiety to a point where I could deal with it and I sleep like a log on it. It does make you gain weight and I've put on about a stone - it just makes you crave carbs. If you have will power (and I don't) then I think you could keep the weight gain under control.

I didn't have any feelings of lethargy or difficulty moving (I cycle to work - albeit I don't raise a sweat). I think that at first those feelings will be down to the sedative effect running over into the day. After a while this stops. I would recommend taking it around 8pm/9pm and staying awake as long as you can after that - get to bed and then you shouldn't feel too bad in the morning.

One word of warning don't just stop taking it especially the higher doses. I've just stopped rather abrutly on the advice of my GP and I had the most awful withdrawal symptons. My pharmacist spoke to the manufacturer who recommend tapering onto the lower doses for two weeks at a time and then stopping. If your GP recommends anything else please question it.

Best of luck.

Hi there. My advice would be to take the pill fairly early in the evening so that the sedative effect wears off by morning. I take mine at 10pm and find I can wake at 8am and be up and about.
    I had a bad night a few weeks ago and didnt take it until 11:30pm and damn I felt like crap the next day.

Hi,

I take 30mg around 9pm and can be up and about o.k by 6.30 if I need to be....some days it can still cause a little drowsiness at first even after been on the meds for 5 months now. It varies I think from person to person and from time to time.

Jo.xx

i just walked round to the cafe and i just feel in another world which is hard to understand as the first 2,3 days i felt better then i have in a long while....
    is 30 to high of a starting dose i was thinking of taking 15mg for a few days????

the usual starting dose is 15, ive not heard of starting on 30 mg before, try that for a week or 2 xx

Hi Dave,

I felt like that at first even on 15mg for a while....wierd about your 1st 3 days....I wouldn't do anything without speaking to your GP first.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jo.xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information