Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just started

Re: just started

i find my mood is ok its just this feeling of not being in controll of my body parts kinda thing.........if 15mg is more sedating does that mean just after its taken or including the next day??

thanks

david

Hi David,

Sedation is usually just after you have taken it but it also can cause drowsiness into the next day...I think it differs from person to person.

Hope that helps.
    Jo.xx

yes its a big help, i was on citalopram and i do belive it made me so bad 2 months on it..... i had a huuuge panic attack earlier the sort i haven't had for years.

Hi David,

I took citalopram on and off for around 9 years but the time before mirtazipine it didnt help so had to come off it. The things we go through...you will get there it just takes time and perseverence with the meds.

Sorry to hear you had a panic attack....hope you feel o.k now?? Not nice....I suffer more from anxiety but have had depression as well.

Take care
    Jo.xx

ye mine is mainly anxiety,but not being able to do what you want in life is due to cause depression, yes it was scary i really thought it was the end lol(its easy to laugh now ay)
    i do fink im gna start taking 15mg as i was put straight on 30

Hi davelee

My GP started me on 30mg last year and then I went up to 45mg. The year before that I was on 15mg but found that it had no real effect - I think it's considered a starting dose. I find that the side effects are no worse on the higher doses but for me the drug did not kick in until i was 45mg. Then I felt great and had almost no anxiety!

Hi everyone thought i would add to this post. I am on 45mg mirtazapine at the moment. I have been on this dosage for 5 weeks and hopefully the effects are just starting to kick in for my depression and anxiety. The sleeping effect is brilliant and i always take it one hour before i go to bed, unless i am on a night shift when i wait till i come home in the morning. My diagnosis from a psychiatrist is major depression with high anxiety. The depression is lifting very slowly but my anxiety is still high which has been causing me to experience intrusive thoughts that are hugely upsetting and difficult to deal with. I think the mirt is helping but its a long and windey road. Good luck to everyone on this site hoping we all have a better dy tomorrow than we did today.

also has any1 experience sensitivity to light while taking mirt??

thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information