Thread: stopped

stopped

i am on 15mg dose and have been for about a month, i have not had one for a couple of days, not noticed anything yet, i had enough of feeling like a beached whale on them, was fine for the first couple of weeks, no side effects but now i am getting side effects, its weird, the last two medications i tried i reacted straight away to them and then got taken off them, these ones seem to the last couple of weeks been getting more and more blown up, so not had any for 2 days

i am awaiting blood test results to rule out anything like thyroid etc so fingers crossed they are okay and normal

just cannot take anymore of the being blown up like a balloon i have tried wind relief and water relief tablets to no avail , cannot understand how i was fine for a couple of weeks and the last couple of weeks of taking them, they are doing this, its getting me down, i have mentioned it to my doctor

i still had bad insomnia to start with on them but that seems to have eased off the last few days and i am getting some sleep now

just so frustrated

Re: stopped

Gosh your lucky not to have had any withdrawel! I would love to come off them but soooo scared! Are you on anything else?

Hi moomintroll I would be a little wary of any reaction from withdrawal from the mirt. This might still happen over the next two weeks or so. It really isn't advisable to go 'cold turkey' from this type of med even from a relatively low dose such as 15mg. I would certainly go and have a chat with your GP about any possible withdrawals. Mine went on for about two weeks and the anxiety was particularily unpleasant. If you haven't experienced anything yet then I wish you all the best. You are most likely to suffer from anxiety and depression and insommnia and a return of any symptoms that were there in the first place. EJ.

I think whenever I feel ready to withdraw - it will be a very slow process!

i would not normally have gone cold turkey but i just could not take anymore and i may yet have withdrawel symptoms i did talk to my doctor about how they have been making me feel the last couple of weeks but she is doing blood tests too rule out anything else, its just frustrating as its very uncomfy being blown up as i am not very tall, i am only 5' 2" so its hard walking about as everything hurts and i am getting breathless and the water relief and wind relief tablets seem to be useless and the fact i cannot get my clothes done up is embarrassing, i am already overweight and feeling like i have put on a whole load more weight over a couple of weeks is not comfy

i am also on propanalol but have not taken them for a day or two, i only need to take 1 a day on those

i understand that everyone has different reactions to things but after not having any reaction to them to all of a sudden having one is just upsetting as i thought i had found something that worked for me

Hi Moomin,

Sorry that you feel like you do with the mirt...I know how that feels as I am also over-weight and did feel bloated etc like you describe. I stuck with it and after time it did feel easier and the cravings did go...yes I think I gained around half stone but would not turn the clock back as the mirtazipine got me back into work after 5 months and gave me my life back. Yes I still have my moments but am in a much better place than I was. I shall eventually tackle the weight problem...like you I felt out of breath etc but it does all go after time...the meds just tend to make you feel "heavy" clumsy etc its hard to describe but I dont get that anymore. I am currently taking 30mg and have been on the meds since February initially on 15 then up to 30 about a month later.

Hope you continue to feel o.k and dont experience the withdrawal effects others describe. I previously came off citalopram and experienced and had to stop that in a week to then start the mirt....wasn't too nice but we are all different.

Let us know how you get on...good luck with the blood tests.
    TC
    JO.xx

Thread Information