Thread: So Scared!

So Scared!

Hi, please help!

I recently had some routine blood tests done, and they have come back with high liver function!

My liver enzymes should be in the range of 1-40 and are up at 92! Is this really serious? Also my white blood count was high. I have had no pain, no symptoms.

Had a second blood test done, but 3 days is going to kill me waiting. I have these awful thoughts of liver cancer, as it is what killed my nan. What could cause this high function? I dont drink, smoke or do drugs. I was on strong pain killers at the time for a sprained ankle, but rarely took them. Could these pain killers raise the enzymes that much?? Please help, so scared of dying

Re: So Scared!

I understand that this is a worrying situation for you, but please try not to panic. There are many reasons why liver enzymes may be elevated, and it is important to wait for the results of your second blood test before jumping to conclusions.

While liver cancer is a possibility, it is also a rare condition and there are many other potential causes for elevated liver enzymes, including viral hepatitis, fatty liver disease, autoimmune liver disease, certain medications or supplements, and even a recent infection.

It is possible that the pain killers you were taking could be a factor in the elevated liver enzymes, as some medications can affect liver function. However, this is something that your doctor will be able to discuss with you in more detail.

It is also important to note that a high white blood cell count does not necessarily indicate liver problems. This could be a sign of a recent infection or inflammation in the body.

I would recommend waiting for the results of your second blood test and discussing them with your doctor. They will be able to provide you with more information and advise you on any further tests or treatments that may be necessary. In the meantime, try to stay calm and take care of yourself.

Thread Information