Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Obsessive swallowing

Re: Obsessive swallowing

-
    Last edited by Uk-83; 01-01-15 at 20:02.

I go in half an hour and let you know my anxiety is also 10/10 at the moment.... But some good news though... I had the obsessive swallowing for 4 days and it went away.... bad thing....I'm now aware of my tongue 24/7 ..... and it feels just as bad. Everything in the mouth feels bad because you cannot escape it for a second.
    But we are not giving up.... !!!

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Ok i just went to therapie and for sure I know it's my anxiety that is playing tricks on me.... The moment I calmed down I became less aware of everything. When I went away I didn't even think about my tongue or swallow behaviour. I go back tomorrow 12:00.

The therapy is with a hypnotherapist and he understood what I was going through but the symptoms were knows to him so I was happy I didn't surprised him with somethin new.

The session was about 2 hours and he realy took his time to get everything out of me and showed some anxiety control that realy helped.

I feel relaxed for now... I don't know what tomorrow brings but for the moment I'm out of panic attack mode.

That's great news Rico. I also saw a therapist for the first time tonight and she says similar to what you were told, it's not so much the physical issue we are feeling but the way we react to the ensuing anxiety that causes all our problems. I still feel tense but much better than earlier. Great to hear you are also feeling better

Yes for me the same I thought I would be in panic-mode already but now I can give it a place so I feel a little more relax.
    I still feel my tongue but I care a littlebit less now. The swallowing is realy gone....weird...... I realy do not pay attention to it anymore.
    Now to get rid of the tongue stuff and I'm good to go

Perhaps it takes a view days or weeks or months, but if you get your anxiety about it way down you will slowly forget about it and make it no more issue.

Anyway I will try to stay positive.. I will post my progression, but if I do not post anymore...I forgot about the issue and went on with my life

-
    Last edited by Uk-83; 01-01-15 at 20:02.

Keep calm dude....I had the same... I think it's because you want it to be over quick and you felt good for a moment. Everymorning I'm at rock bottom and try to climb out of it and yes I also got the suicide thought, but you must not let it get to you.

Take oxazepam or what ever to get you anxiety down.... believe me I also have Tinnitus and I will not give up even when I feel so depressed that I cannot take it anymore...and yes this was also for me the last 3 days !!! Because with the therapist I felt alive again, but you have to do the most of the stuff yoursellf and that is positive thinking and that is very hard to do sometimes.
    You have to believe this will pass....otherwise you just keep thinking about it.

Stay strong even when knowing you have not 1 second rest in your head.... eventualy you will. My girfriend had it. My girlfriends mother had it and over time it went away. So I just endure hell at the moment and talk to a therapist....but I will keep having the hope this is just for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoS View Post
    Keep calm dude....I had the same... I think it's because you want it to be over quick and you felt good for a moment. Everymorning I'm at rock bottom and try to climb out of it and yes I also got the suicide thought, but you must not let it get to you.

Take oxazepam or what ever to get you anxiety down.... believe me I also have Tinnitus and I will not give up even when I feel so depressed that I cannot take it anymore...and yes this was also for me the last 3 days !!! Because with the therapist I felt alive again, but you have to do the most of the stuff yoursellf and that is positive thinking and that is very hard to do sometimes.
    You have to believe this will pass....otherwise you just keep thinking about it.

Stay strong even when knowing you have not 1 second rest in your head.... eventualy you will. My girfriend had it. My girlfriends mother had it and over time it went away. So I just endure hell at the moment and talk to a therapist....but I will keep having the hope this is just for sometime.
    Your words are very helpful Rico, thank you so much.

That's why we are here for m8 to support and help eachother ... I hope more people can share their experience here because this thread is viewed a lot but not much people post here.

-
    Last edited by Uk-83; 01-01-15 at 20:03.

-
    Last edited by Uk-83; 01-01-15 at 20:01.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information