Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of fainting and always hungry/always eating..

Re: Fear of fainting and always hungry/always eating..

Hey Charlie20..... im the same with the weight thing!! Its bludy annoying... i too used to have a great figure, flat stomach, toned, size 8..... but now, its just getting bigger and bigger
    Im the same at work, i have my breakfast at home, then have to have a banana when i get in work, then maybe something else, then lunch, then a snack and so on and so on..... over the last 4 weeks though i have joined Slimming World and it has helped, im steadily loosing weight and eating much, much healthier... i now go longer periods without eating because i know im eating a steady, healthy diet.... i still totally freak out if i get shaky or lightheaded and immediately rush for a banana!

Its horrible isnt it - but iv been told its just another anxiety symptom because of my fear of fainting... very frustrating x

Hi ...I read a while ago tha tpeople who suffer badly with anxiety need to eat every 2hrs, or adrenaline kicks in and panic is aroused. It doesnt matter what it is, seet, or savoury, as long as we eat.

I meant sweet...I need glasses..

Hey!
    I get this too! Its horrible!

It is most definately down to anxiety though - I had blood tests 6 weeks ago and my blood sugar was fine.

Apparently its to do with the adaptation response your body goes into when you panic/live with anxiety. It causes the blood to rush to the areas of the body where it's most needed - causing dizzy nauseous feelings.

Its terrifying though.
    I too have to try and eat often but then if i go too long without eating - i can't eat. Its so messed up =/ xxx

Hiii!! Oh my gosh I can't tell you how relieved I am that someone else feels this way. Sometimes it is just great to hear that someone else is going through the same thing.

Well, now I can tell you that I feel that same way. I feel like I am going to drop dead if I don't eat every couple hours. Or before I go on a date I'll eat a bunch so I don't get hungry and panic that I'm going to faint. It sounds so irrational now that I'm typing this out. But, it happens. I think we need to realize that hunger is a normal reaction, but our body can handle it. We can go hours without eating, even days. As long as we eat eventually I don't think it will be dangerous. Something that usually helps me is that there is a difference between **danger** and **discomfort**. Hunger is simply a discomfort, and that's exactly what it's supposed to be. It telling us that it's time to eat.

I don't have the fear of passing out but the bit about food and feeling sick when I do eat and sick when I don't sounds very familiar. As I write this I am cooking dinner at the grill. I am starving, but afraid to eat as when I do I will then have stomach issues, also related to anxiety, but it sets off my worries as well. Of course worrying that I will have an upset digestive system pretty much makes it happen. Rinse and repeat, meal after meal.

And always hungry, even after eating a big meal, which is caused by an increased production of stomach acid, you might try some Prilosec as it helps era bit there.

It's so good to know that there are other people who have this too. I have put on a little bit of weight from eating all the time. I sometimes go 4-5 hours in the morning without eating as I have a set lunch break at work. However, I take a cereal bar in my pocket so I can sneak off into the bathroom for a snack! Shame I can't do the same with a drink. If I don't I feel light headed, irritable, dizzy, can't concentrate. It's horrible and that is all I think about until lunch and I am always the first one out out the door! How do you loose weight when if you eat less or don't eat you feel like this! I hate this but at least I know that it is not that likely that I have hyperglycaemia.

This is an old bumped post, but it has some really good information in it. I'm currently experiencing this as well, as I've had some terrible episodes where I feel so shaky and faint after not eating for a long time. Now I'm at the point where I'm eating every couple of hours because I feel funny if I don't. I've even gone out and bought a glucose meter so I can prick myself if I get a bad turn again.

It does seem to be anxiety related, which makes sense as anxiety really drains the body. Also explains why I'm alllllways tired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information