Thread: coming off 20mg citaloprahm to 50g sertraline

coming off 20mg citaloprahm to 50g sertraline

i have just come off citaloprham two days ago and i am now starting sertraline as citaloprahm was making me tired all the time and making me unable to function. ive been told that sertraline has less side effects?
    Its the second day on sertraline and im having bad headaches feeling nausea and tired, i just feel horrible!. is anyone experiencing anything similar and does anyone have any idea how long this will last?!

Re: coming off 20mg citaloprahm to 50g sertraline

Hi Tracy

I did the exact same as you, came off citalprham and went over to sertraline.

I found that I function alot better on sertraline, but still have terrible tiredness! I've halfed my dose to 25mg and take them in the evening, it seems to have worked, but I need to take it at about 8pm no later, or else I'm still really tired in the morning, to the point where I'm falling asleep driving to work!!

I didnt have any sick feelings when I first went over to sertraline or any headaches, which was a relief. And I havent put any weight on like I did with Citalprham, which is a major relief!

Maybe stick with them for a couple of weeks and see if you get used to them, or just ask your GP for another type of tablet. There are so many on the market at the moment, I'm sure you'll find the right balance for your body with one of them.

I know that sertraline is really working with me, no tears!!! which is amazing!!

Good luck, keep me upto date on how your doing

misss xxx

Re: coming off 20mg citaloprahm to 50g sertraline

Hi Tracy ..Sounds like you are experiencing withdrawals from coming off the Cit ,also a few side effects due to the new med .This will gradually ease off (about 3 weeks ) .The withdrawals could last longer ,but everyone is different .I hope the Sertraline works better for you .Try to take one day at a time ,it will all pass ..take care Sue x

Thread Information