Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MY SISTER

I have fried chips too Bryan!!!!

Charlie - i think the chips should be okay as well!!
    but i agree raw meat should be at the bottom of the fridge with nothing else beside it!!

Lucky

kate,

sorry to hear about your daughter,food poisoning is a dreadful condition,and as parents,we feel so helpless.

barbequed food can be so tasty,but needs someone to continually turn the food,so that it cooks evenly.

if i go to one in the summer,i watch,whoevers in charge of the food,before i decide to eat,or not!

bryan.

I'm afraid I always eat tea before I go to a barbeque.

And then I only eat things that I have seen fetched from the fridge, but straight onto a piping hot barbeque and then cooked until they are black. Preferably all the way through. Ideally I stick to vegetarian options (providing they haven't been stored near to raw meat first) and potato salad. Bread rolls are usually safe too!

I won't eat any meat that is pink in the middle!

The problem with my mum is that you can't tell her either - she says oh it will be fine!

I often throw her piggy backed chicken away. She wraps the bacon around the chicken when she puts it in the oven. And by the time its cooked the bacon shatters like peanut brittle, and the chicken that has been covered by the bacon is still pink underneath. Usually I am eating after her, so I surepticiously bin it and open a can of tuna or something instead!

I had food poisioning, and it's the quickest way to loose weight ever. Unfortunately, the side effects don't really make it worth while!

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

The best way to barbecue is to cook the meat (3/4) in the conventional way and then put them on the bbq for that unique taste!!!!!

Bryan,

Even now, if we are eating out, I go and wash my hands and then, wait for it, I stick my finger into the middle of any meat/fish!!!

Unless it burns my finger off, the kids DO NOT get to eat it!!!

Kate x

charlie,

can we take it as read,that your mum,washes out the chickens bum..even oven ready ones,have plastic bags containing jibblets,therefor can house bacteria.

i always mash up garlic,and shove it up..then a big onion to keep the chicken moist!

bryan.

Lucky,

I occasionally buy one of those throw away bbq's cos I'm not too keen on them myself. Too much smoke billowing etc!!

Anyway, I also cook them first in the oven and then stick them on the bbq!!!

Only way to make sure they are cooked thoroughly

Kate x

Well, that's my idea for May meetup weekend out of the window ...

Far too many people watching me or exploring my kitchen. I could take it all round to neighbour Sheila and just produce it presto and noone would know where or how it came. She's a got a fridge in the garden . I'm sure we could put it on an extension .. lol

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

No Meg

So long as you don't store raw meat at the top of the fridge, leave chicken to defrost on the sideboard for 24 hours, or try and make us eat BBQ, we will be fine.

Anyway, I thought I was doing chicken stir fry? I can guarantee the safety of the chicken. Being an anally retentive hygiene freak myself. And Bryan can help too.

Or we could just have baked beans and toast. Even my mother couldn't poision you with baked beans and toast.

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

if your going to eat baked beans charlie,we had better eat outside. heeee.

bryan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information