Thread: Bradwell Pilgrimage and great success!

Bradwell Pilgrimage and great success!

My son and I have just returned from the Bradwell Pilgrimage. The pilgrimage starts in the village of Bradwell -on -sea Essex. There the procession moves off and walks the two or so miles to St Peter's by the wall for a large open air service. This is where St Cedd arrived by boat and established the first Christian Church in England. The guest speaker was the Rt Rev Dr John Sentamu Archbishop of York. I had been friends with John when I was a teenager and my hubs and I had been invited to his Inauguration in 2007. I had a considerable amount of anxiety before the event. I haven't driven that far about an hour from our house in a long time. What about the loos at these events? Well there weren't enough loos but we queued and I suppose needed them less often . It has been blisteringly hot here today but we took loads of drink and they were giving away free water as we arrived. It was difficult in the heat but there service was lively and we walked to the beach and to the 'Othona' Community. There were probably about two thousand people there like us many more eager to hear John speak. I re-dedicated my life to God and we left on a spiritual high. I did manage to speak to John and he met my son. The most amazing thing was I coped with the day drove all the way there and back and dealt with my anxieties without running away from them. I am exhausted now but I am feeling so good. EJ.

Re: Bradwell Pilgrimage and great success!

Wow you are a star what a lovely day you have had and how proud of yourself you must be .

All those negative thoughts that you had re loos/driving etc you overcame them , I truly think you are exhausted but so so brave.

I want to get over my anxiety/panic and agro and post something like you have .

Take Care Maggie

what an achievement!!!! well done EJ, you should be feeling very pleased with yourself, and quite rightly so.... this will be very a very inspirational story for many.
    hope you are planning to have a well earned rest this evening, and have a proud little chuckle to yourself, remembering just what you have achieved today...

Love

P x

Well done sounds like you had a great day wish I could of been there.
    So great to hear you have rededicated your life to God

It was a matter of I can and I will. This time I managed it!!

Thread Information