Thread: lump on jaw

lump on jaw

Oh dear, here we go again. I have just found a lump on my jaw bone, its quite small, but hard.

Of course first thing that obviously springs to mind is cancer, even though at 18 it is unlikely.

Has anyone got any advice or sense of rationality that they can pass on for me please??

Re: lump on jaw

go to docs to get it checked and in the meantime think happy thoughts because it is most likely something like a lymph node, cyst etc

it does just feel kind of like a cyst, i had one on my back before but the one on my jaw is much smaller. Originally i was thinking oh god its bone cancer, but having prodded and poked at it for a while, it is moving around under the skin when i touch the area, surely a growth on the bone would not do this??

It feels like the area generally has quite a bumpy texture under the skin, kind of like on the lymph nodes in your neck or your belly, so it could just be something to do with that?

I know usually when i get ill i get a lump on the lymphs in my neck, and i do seem to be coming down with something, sore throat etc. so could it just be that?

Sorry to ramble!

I have re searched lumps round the mouth area recently and read one piece of advice that said a cancer lump would not be mobile like that!

I know EXACTLY the thing you are on about. It feels like it's on the bone wobbling around and the c word popped up when I had this..it will go away in a few days honestly..just don't prod or think about it! I think us humans havd nodes,lups and bumps everywhere that we don't know about xxxxxx

Hello. I think I know what you have. I have several around my jaw. Does the lump move around a bit?
    I actually went to get this checked out, and at 18 its most common to get them. They are called facial nodes, and they can become a little swollen when you are run down, and little painful.
    They are totally harmless.
    Xx

Yep.. just read it again. You say it moves.
    Im almost certain, its just one of those silly little facial nodes
    your gonna be fine chuck xxxxxxx

Thread Information