Thread: Tension in shoulder

Tension in shoulder

Over quite a few years ive had a problem with my right shoulder since an injury in my 20.s. It goes away for lengths of time but if I overdo it then the tension starts up for weeks on end sometimes.

Does anyone get this kind of tension from top of shoulder and up the neck and neck muscle feels really tight?.. It seems to go right up behind my ear at times and makes my throat feel tense too. Can being over anxious cause the tension to be worse?

I was told that it was an RSI many years ago and had physio which eventually helped but didnt stop it coming back.

Re: Tension in shoulder

I have been experiencing this daily for the last few months. If my partner massages my shoulder it is very painful. If spreads from my right shoulder to my neck.

Forgot to mention. Someone has suggested that I have Reiki. Not too sure what this is but the person who suggested it owns a pub and sufferred with barmans arm. No medication worked. The only thing that did was Reiki. I will let you know how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    Forgot to mention. Someone has suggested that I have Reiki. Not too sure what this is but the person who suggested it owns a pub and sufferred with barmans arm. No medication worked. The only thing that did was Reiki. I will let you know how I get on.
    Thanks MightyPC, would be interested to know about that.

Somedays feels like a hand round side of my neck .

Hi there

Tension in neck and shoulders is really common, and can be caused by all sorts of things, including muscle spasms, bad posture and anxiety. My partner gets it becauses his posture is really bad when he's sitting at a desk, and I get it because of stress. For both of us, the muscles can get so tight they're painful to the touch.

I get this from a mix of bad posture and anxiety. MightyPC, I have tried Reiki and I found it amazing. I will definitely do it again once I have the money!! If you are anywhere near Cambridge I can recommend a really good Reiki practitioner.

I`m not unfortunately Stressedrunner, though the landlord has recommended a Reiki Master not too far from me, who he sees. I have had no experience of this sort of thing and the landlord is a type of fella that would laugh or rubbish things like this usually but he said it actually worked and left him shaking on the massage bed. His own words were "absolutely amazing".

I think mine is down to bad posture at my desk and extra weight that i have put on. Though my aches are worst when I wake and tend to calm down as the day goes on until late afternoon, early evening.

Strangley, my tension always seems to calm down after 7pm at night ..

This tension has been driving me crazy today though!!.. It seems to originate inside the right arm socket and up over collar bone to the muscles infront of collarbone and then part way up the neck. Left side isnt so bad. Its always been the right ive had problems with though.
    I bought a neck support pillow couple months ago. Dont find it very comfy but have given it a go..not really sure what would be the best pillow for tension ?

Thread Information